The EE braggers thread!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by KatyTheChickenLady, Dec 5, 2009.

1. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    Leg color has nothing to do with egg color. Ear color I think can, but other wise you have to wait like the rest of us. [​IMG]

2. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Nope; ear colour has nothing to do with it either. Pea comb is linked to blue egg colour, but crossover can occur if you hatch enough chicks.

3. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Back in June I set some EE eggs to hatch. Carefully taking my time to pick only the best shaped and only the green/blue eggs.

Yesterday, one of the pullets I raised from that hatch laid her first egg ( almost 7 months in the making), Not really sure which one it was (there were three in that batch that I keep), right there in the nest was one of the prettiest creme colored eggs you ever saw.

Question here though, is it possible that she just doesn't have her egg colorer turned on yet and maybe it will be lightly green after a egg or two?

4. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    The egg shell color will not change. Maybe the roo was not carrying the blue egg genes. IDK

5. LazyQ

LazyQ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Micanopy, Florida
    @Illia,
    What color would you say this guy is? Some kind of blue.
    Thanks
    Big Jim
    [​IMG]

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Blue with gold leakage. Some might call it Lemon Blue but I'm sure he's just a blue with some recessive duckwing or wheaten leaking through.

7. Grumpypantsmomma

Grumpypantsmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Clatskanie, OR

8. Grumpypantsmomma

Grumpypantsmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Clatskanie, OR
    I picked this boy up 2 days ago he is awesome has the most sweetest disposition, and has taken very good care of the girls, they even laid their first egg in the flock after introducing him! Please excuse his missing beard and cheek muffs, I do believe he was like that when I got him, I could be mistaken, maybe his new girls plucked them, but i don't think so as I am seeing new growth!
    Anyways he is a big boy! I was told he is an EE, whats everyone think of him! Color?
    He has been named CAPTAIN MORGAN! :)
    [​IMG]
    better shot of his comb!
    [​IMG]
    here are to gals I plan on breeding him to! these are younger pics of them but you get the idea!
    [​IMG]

9. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Pretty Boy!
    I'd call him a columbian something.

10. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    I love the creme eggs, sooooo pretty. I have my first hen that lays a very pale pink egg and I have hatched many of her chicks ( white egg layers and brown egg layers) and plan to hatch more this season. Her all black daughter lays a creme egg. Love it!!

What you see is what you get for egg colors--it doesn't change. Looks like both mom and dad carried a non-blue gene. Sorry. It's a pretty color though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by