The EE braggers thread!!!

I have his twin brother, Oreo. And his girls always pluck his beard, he always has like a 5'Oclock shadow thing going on.

lau.gif

I love the creme eggs, sooooo pretty. I have my first hen that lays a very pale pink egg and I have hatched many of her chicks ( white egg layers and brown egg layers) and plan to hatch more this season. Her all black daughter lays a creme egg. Love it!!

What you see is what you get for egg colors--it doesn't change. Looks like both mom and dad carried a non-blue gene. Sorry. It's a pretty color though.
Not really complaining. Since that first egg, I don't think she has missed one day of laying.b Very consisant layer. I think later on in the year I'll gather about a weeks worth of her eggs to hatch out and raise them up to see what I get.

I didn't really think the shell color would change was just hoping.

here it is :) a surprise :) :) its from my Easter Eggers :) I forgot that I had set some of their eggs totally forgot :) It hatched last night.. The legs have some feathering like its dad the Light Brahma, but the cheeks are fluffy like its mom. I think its mom is either JoJo my gray EE or Trail Mix my gray and rust EE... :) Not sure what color its gonna be :) but I'm pretty excited that I have finally one of their babies :) :) I set more of their eggs :) also ..... I will keep posting pictures as it gets older....

liberty has lost some weight since he has been with me
which i thought was to be expected since he went from a flock of 10 to a flock of 40 hes since then gotten a little more food agressive since he has more hens to compete with.. but other than that and the mud he has been fitting quite well in my flock.. does well with my other rooster..
i am very happy to have this big guy here :)

My little Bantam EE roo looks just like this big fella, and he became a daddy this weekend with at least 7 babies. You would think that HE was the one who hatched out the babies all himself, trying to show them food and being ever so delicate with them. My little EE hen has been happy to let him share the load...
lol.png

liberty has lost some weight since he has been with me
which i thought was to be expected since he went from a flock of 10 to a flock of 40 hes since then gotten a little more food agressive since he has more hens to compete with.. but other than that and the mud he has been fitting quite well in my flock.. does well with my other rooster..
i am very happy to have this big guy here :)

My little Bantam EE roo looks just like this big fella, and he became a daddy this weekend with at least 7 babies. You would think that HE was the one who hatched out the babies all himself, trying to show them food and being ever so delicate with them. My little EE hen has been happy to let him share the load...
lol.png

ooooooooo you so need to post pictures of those babys and the hen you bred him with so i can see!!!!!
that is amazing i hope he is like that so far he is AWSOME!! a little to nice my RIRs pick on him :( but im going to be selling them asap if i can..

My bantam EE hen after her first molt grew in a beard! YAY! She was already beautiful but her beard add something more! I would like to get more like her but can't find anyone close enough that has any like her!
She is my sweetheart, she has always been bullied off the nest she tries brooding by the other hens! So i have been finishing her work for her in the incubator letting her brood for as long as she can, then after the chicks hatch i take them out to the pen and show her the babies! I can't give them to her because fear of the other hens killing them, and i can't take her out because the others would never let her back in! i didn't think she really understood why i was showing her the chicks, but as of late since she has began to lay again, she will pace back and forth in the run talking to me to let me know she is ready to lay an egg, if I don't get down their she will lay it in the run, If I am inside she will lay it inside closest to the coop door so i find it first. she really would lay the egg in my hand if i was out there at the right time! LOL! I love my pretty baby and she has produced some awesome chicks!
Clucker

Oldest Son

Oldest Daughter

Youngest Daughter

A really bad pic of mom and a few of the 8 babies she managed to hatch out!!!!

All 8 of the little fuzzy butts.... I love waiting to see just what color they finally end up being.
(hope you enjoy)
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom