The EE braggers thread!!!

Here's a picture of my new ee chicks hatched yesterday. I have 5 chicks, they all hatched. one, I'm not sure which hen laid, but the ee roo is the papa, it is a yellow chick. all very cute.

too cute! 5 out of 5 too, I hope I have that good of a hatch when I finally set some of my EE eggs
celebrate.gif

O.k so i have a Supposed Ameraucana batch of chicks which i hatched out with some other breeds, 27 chicks hatched in total. Now only one of them is real dark in color and also hatched with a vaulted skull. Is it a cross or EE to EE chick?
another ? all the other supposed Ameraucana chicks have the same patterning only much lighter in color and no vaulted skull. All babies were hatched from eggs that I bought from Ludeman. He has only one flock of many supposed Ameraucana which I think are EE's. could it be just one of those deformities in its skull or did one of the hens get it one with a crested/ vaulted skull variety Roo.
Here is a pic of the one I am talking about.
Also guessing this one will turn out to be a boy.

As I was choosing which two chicks to keep of the 27 chicks i hatched, I decided to keep 2 of the 9 EE Chicks. deciding which 2 was really hard to do as I watched them all hatch. I decided on the dark brown baby with the vaulted skull because I hatched these out for someone else and didn't know if its skull was closed or not, and a the light version of the dark brown baby without a vaulted skull. but as I was checking out the lighter chick I noticed that it had green legs which is normal, but 5 toes on each foot, So i am guessing it is an EE Cross. I have hatched out many EE Cross chicks from my girl and her D'Uccle Roo and they all look like EE's only with feathered legs. But this one has me astonished, I have never seen and EE with green legs and 5 toes on each foot.
Which 5 toed breed did the EE breed to? I would think if it were a silkie that the legs would be darker.
I will post a pic in the morning but until then any guesses as to the other half or could it be a different breed completely as it is marked just like the BLRW chicks that hatched in the same batch as well.

Last edited:
Quote:Originally Posted by Arielle
Do you know what kind of rooster you are using? (egg color of breed?)

gig.gif
gotta love chicken math...... Mine are on account of one EE rooster.......
big_smile.png
Darn cuddlers. too hard to resist.

Please help me!
he.gif

I keep going back and forth on my EE/OE pen, so I'm just going to ask all you experts.
Please tell me which combination would make pretty EE/OE.
I can only have one pen. Also, what is a good roo:hen ratio.
What would you do if you had these options?

The 2 roos I can choose from:
1 black Ameraucana
1 blue Ameraucana

The hens I can choose from:
1 Plymouth Barred Rock
1 Buff Orpington
1 Brown Leghorn
1 Delaware
1 blue Ameraucana
1 Blue Cochin
1 Welsummer
2 Golden Cuckoo Marans

Please help me!
he.gif

I keep going back and forth on my EE/OE pen, so I'm just going to ask all you experts.
Please tell me which combination would make pretty EE/OE.
I can only have one pen. Also, what is a good roo:hen ratio.
What would you do if you had these options?

The 2 roos I can choose from:
1 black Ameraucana
1 blue Ameraucana

The hens I can choose from:
1 Plymouth Barred Rock
1 Buff Orpington
1 Brown Leghorn
1 Delaware
1 blue Ameraucana
1 Blue Cochin
1 Welsummer
2 Golden Cuckoo Marans
Put them all together and get some that lay all colors of eggs.

2 of my 3 future blue egg layers! They are Ameraucanas i have 2 wheaten hens, and 1 blue wheaten hen.
I'm still on the look for a ameraucana rooster for these hens. I have 3 ameraucana roosters: 1 BW and 2 wheatens,
but since they all come from the same parents I DO NOT WANT TO MATE THEM. Therefore I'm needing an
Ameraucana Rooster from another flock, so if you have one and you live in the west tn area, please contact me!

Back
Top Bottom