The EE braggers thread!!!

heatherscooby77

Songster
7 Years
Feb 6, 2012
Grantville, PA
So, anyone good with chicken genetics? haha. Since my two SLW roos were killed, I need a new roo. And I was thinking, what better than an EE? Because I personally love EE's. But, I was curious, if he was to cross with, say, a SLW hen, and I hatched the chick, what's the chance of it laying green/blue eggs?
I have a SLW rooster to breed to my SLW hens. I am selling him, and I am going to put the SLW hens in with my Ameraucana rooster. That way I can make some beautiful EE. BTW I am not trying to sell anyone on here the SLW roo he is not good with kids, I know he thinks he is probably protecting the hens, but I can't have that with my daughter.

dfdesigns

Indigo Ridge Farm
9 Years
Sep 20, 2010
San Diego, CA
The coolest thing after getting my first egg was getting my first *colored* egg! It is always exciting to find a new shade out there in your nesting boxes, isn't it? I don't think that will ever get old. Congratulations!

Illia

Crazy for Colors
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Forks, WA
No it won't, and congrats! I'm always excited for a new color, no matter how light or dull or blue or green or golden it is.

SunnysideupstateNY

Songster
9 Years
May 15, 2010
Finally uploaded my picture of the Claus the roo. Has anyone seen a tail like this before? The feathers are all very thin and curled with the saddle feathers starting to grow over the tail. I'll work on a better picture...

Latest posts

Top Bottom