The EE braggers thread!!!

OOOOOOHHHHHHHH! PRETTY!!!
celebrate.gif

We got our first EE egg it is mint green. To some it is not much but to me it was awesome.

So, anyone good with chicken genetics? haha. Since my two SLW roos were killed, I need a new roo. And I was thinking, what better than an EE? Because I personally love EE's. But, I was curious, if he was to cross with, say, a SLW hen, and I hatched the chick, what's the chance of it laying green/blue eggs?

I have a SLW rooster to breed to my SLW hens. I am selling him, and I am going to put the SLW hens in with my Ameraucana rooster. That way I can make some beautiful EE. BTW I am not trying to sell anyone on here the SLW roo he is not good with kids, I know he thinks he is probably protecting the hens, but I can't have that with my daughter.

The coolest thing after getting my first egg was getting my first *colored* egg! It is always exciting to find a new shade out there in your nesting boxes, isn't it? I don't think that will ever get old. Congratulations!

No it won't, and congrats! I'm always excited for a new color, no matter how light or dull or blue or green or golden it is.

Finally uploaded my picture of the Claus the roo. Has anyone seen a tail like this before? The feathers are all very thin and curled with the saddle feathers starting to grow over the tail. I'll work on a better picture...

Back
Top Bottom