The EE braggers thread!!!

OK, someone said I should post these here. These are my first ever, incubated chicks to hatch. They are frizzled EE from a local source. Pure little black fluff balls.

Love the fluffy butt
love.gif

eyebrows

Black fluffball one

black fluff ball two.

These pictures really wash out the color. They are dark black with dark black legs and feet.

Those are so cute. The second and third one look like I was told E/E genome based chicks would be - solid black even underneath. Are you going to do a photo journal of what they look like as they are growing up?

Everybodys chickens and chicks look really great! As the weather gets warmer mine start to look better. Now i have a question, this is my first time ever incubating eggs and that being said my question is if the humidity gets a little high is the harmful to the developing chicks or is that okay as longas it dosent get too high?

Those are so cute.  The second and third one look like I was told E/E genome based chicks would be - solid black even underneath.  Are you going to do a photo journal of what they look like as they are growing up?

I believe they have am moms (eggs were very blue). Dad is frizzled (Cochin?) I'll have to ask the lady I got them from to be sure. I hadn't really thought about a photo journal. I wasn't planning on keeping them, but the lady I got them from wants a roo as she just lost hers. I may do one after all.

Everybodys chickens and chicks look really great! As the weather gets warmer mine start to look better. Now i have a question, this is my first time ever incubating eggs and that being said my question is if the humidity gets a little high is the harmful to the developing chicks or is that okay as longas it dosent get too high?

Humidity needs are best checked by weighing the eggs when starting the hatch and making sure its loosing the proper amount of moisture/weight as it progresses and by checking the air cells at intervals.. This is why the numbers range all over the place for what works for people - it depends on what the EGG wants Not all humidity gauges read the same either - so it really depends on what the egg shows. Some people "dry hatch" at 20-30%, if I "dry hatched" it would probably be at 10% which is too low (except when raining). The high humidity doesn't harm the developing chicks - but it can cause them to die when trying to hatch because the white is still has too much water and they drown when trying to hatch. When you candle the eggs mark the air cell with a pencil - make sure it is getting bigger at the proper speed. It is better to err on the low side than the high side.

Humidity needs are best checked by weighing the eggs when starting the hatch and making sure its loosing the proper amount of moisture/weight as it progresses and by checking the air cells at intervals.. This is why the numbers range all over the place for what works for people - it depends on what the EGG wants Not all humidity gauges read the same either - so it really depends on what the egg shows. Some people "dry hatch" at 20-30%, if I "dry hatched" it would probably be at 10% which is too low (except when raining). The high humidity doesn't harm the developing chicks - but it can cause them to die when trying to hatch because the white is still has too much water and they drown when trying to hatch. When you candle the eggs mark the air cell with a pencil - make sure it is getting bigger at the proper speed. It is better to err on the low side than the high side.
okay that is good to know that it is better if the humidity is on the lower side, because the phamplet that came with my incubator said humidity should be between 57%-about low 60s%. And when it said that the incubators humitiy was almost 70% i figured that it probably wasn't a bad thing. Next time i won't put as much water in.

I hope the eggs from my coop hatch, because i am curious to see what they might turn out to look like. I know i have 2 EE eggs from my EE mirror in the incubator and 1 egg from my black cochin bantam hen pint, but other than that i have no idea who layed the other eggs. I have a general idea of who is laying, but no idea as which egg belongs to who. If only they would lay eggs when i am around, but they don't. There sure will be some interesting crosses. I have a buff brahma rooster and the hens laying are 2 EEs,1 or 2 of my white leghorns, i'm not sure how many rhode island reds, 1 black sexlink,1 black cochin bantam, and 1 hen thats breed is unknow.

Back
Top Bottom