The EE braggers thread!!!

Well here's our little Obie.
nureqe2y.jpg
We think she is an EE. She came from the " pan fry" bin at Orschelns. Not sure if you can see in the pic, but she has the cutest little fluffy beard, and dark legs. We just picked her out because she had pretty colors. All the rest we bought were specified breed pulleys that we knew we wanted, but decided to play the chicky lottery with one!
gu2udeqy.jpg

Well here's our little Obie.
nureqe2y.jpg
We think she is an EE. She came from the " pan fry" bin at Orschelns. Not sure if you can see in the pic, but she has the cutest little fluffy beard, and dark legs. We just picked her out because she had pretty colors. All the rest we bought were specified breed pulleys that we knew we wanted, but decided to play the chicky lottery with one!
gu2udeqy.jpg

That's an EE if I've ever seen one (and ok... I've chicken math'd a lot of EE's at this point)!

This is just for grins... I wasn't aware that the cheek poofs keep growing post-hatch...

My newest addition on day 1:

Same chick on day 3:

She couldn't see anything! Completely blind! I had to give her a super careful little under-eye cheek fluff trim... like you have to do for a poodle between groomings. She sat extremely still, peeping quietly and making sleepy purrs. After I put her back in the brooder she fell backwards on her butt with eyes open wide like... "whoa." Acting normal now. lol

[quote name=Roxybird] After I put her back in the brooder she fell backwards on her butt  with eyes open wide like... "whoa."  Acting normal now.  lol
[/quote]
Now that's funny!

Thanks for replying, I realize most people haven't had this problem. I'm starting to be very worried that she is an internal layer because for the past 2 days she's been going in the nesting box for an hour or 2 but not laying anything, and I know she's not broody, I've had broody chickens and this is not that. She was also acting off today, laying in the yard when all the other chickens were up foraging.
hmm.png
It's always the favorites that get sick, isn't it?
My EE Sage has a pendulous crop and I ordered her a crop bra, and believe it or not she started laying her blue egg again last week. She will be 2 years old in May and the rest started laying in the fall all but her of that year. My guess was because of her crop problem. The bra lifts the crop up so maybe this is what is making her start laying again along with walking better and protecting the crop from the others pecking it. I bet she laid less than 10 eggs last year so we will see what will happen this year, and yes she is my favorite too. Don't give up on her it may take time.

Sage with her bra on, on the right

My EEs should be hatching this weekend
ya.gif
Hooray! I took the incubator off of the turner last night in preparation for the final days of incubation. These ought to have begun hatching tomorrow but given the power outage they encountered for a day and a half, I imagine things will be behind. I candled a couple last night as I was closing up shop and they are pretty well filling in the available space, so at least they're relatively close to on schedule. Time to get the brooder warmed up. On top of that, I found out my order of Cream Legbars will be coming from Greenfire next week. Provided they survive to adulthood, that could add some interesting twists to the EE mix. I'd love to see a bearded, muffed, and crested EE in my flock.
yesss.gif
I've secretly wanted to do the same thing. Don't have a CL, but hope to one day.
fl.gif
I have not mentioned it because I was concerned about the backlash of comments.
hide.gif
I'll check in on you from time to time. I'd love to see some of those pictures!

My EE Sage has a pendulous crop and I ordered her a crop bra, and believe it or not she started laying her blue egg again last week. She will be 2 years old in May and the rest started laying in the fall all but her of that year. My guess was because of her crop problem. The bra lifts the crop up so maybe this is what is making her start laying again along with walking better and protecting the crop from the others pecking it. I bet she laid less than 10 eggs last year so we will see what will happen this year, and yes she is my favorite too. Don't give up on her it may take time. Sage with her bra on, on the right
Aww, she's so cute with her bra! :) My girl, White Beard, seems to be doing ok despite all my worrying. She's laid 2 more golf balls and seems happy.
Dosen't pan fry special usually mean male? By the by, howdy neighbor.
I was thinking the same thing. Pan fry usually means roo.

Back
Top Bottom