The EE braggers thread!!!

Hika Ma at 4 days old, making trouble!! :rolleyes:

And eating with his sisters (he's the one in the middle):

Here are the first pics I posted when I was told that coloring indicated male. Here my Oreo is today:

I have a mostly silver EE hen who also has red splotches all over her wings and back. They started showing up about this age. I vote for girl - mostly because she just *looks* female, body wise, and the comb is very underdeveloped for a male at this age (~10 wks?).

These pullets are all supposed to be EEs. They are all 4 weeks old now. The one on the far right has me puzzled, though, because although she is the same age and size as the others, she is about 2 weeks behind her sisters in feathering out. Is she really an EE? Almost looks to me like a Columbian Wyandotte or something. Has anyone else had a chick like this and what does it look like grown up?

She has no red or brown at all. Her whole back, breast and neck are all still baby down. Some feathers that are more white are coming in on her thighs.
~Lynette

Here are the first pics I posted when I was told that coloring indicated male. Here my Oreo is today:
Glad that somebodies EE turned out to be female.I'm thinking that its very likely that both of the supposed "sexed pullets" I bought are roosters.Unbelievable...
he.gif

I thought when I posted originally that my little one was female due to watching the mannerisms. I was surprised to hear back from other that the only ones with that coloring were male. I still think female but I will post more pics when I get an egg or a crow from my Oreo.

I have a mostly silver EE hen who also has red splotches all over her wings and back.  They started showing up about this age.  I vote for girl - mostly because she just *looks* female, body wise, and the comb is very underdeveloped for a male at this age (~10 wks?).   

That's the thing -- brownish red as part of the all over pattern is very different from red wing patches. My silver-based gal also has some brownish tones mixed into her dark back and tail. I think it's pretty common.

I honestly think that there just aren't that many silver-based EE hens compared to the gold-based ones so there is less experience behind the guesses. And sometimes people base too much on their personal experience, forgetting that a small sample size may not be representative of the whole.

I thought when I posted originally that my little one was female due to watching the mannerisms. I was surprised to hear back from other that the only ones with that coloring were male. I still think female but I will post more pics when I get an egg or a crow from my Oreo.
I have a mostly white one and a black and white. thier combs are much larger and redder than your baby.They are now 2 months old give or take a few days.Pretty disappointing to say the least.Now I will have to rehome both and will lose out on all the time and effort I spent raising and intergrating them with my small flock.
hit.gif

Oreo is very beatiful BTW.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom