The EE braggers thread!!!

My new 1st hatch this year. Dad is an Olive egger {Splash maran X Americana} Mom's are all Green egg layers {EE,OE and Ameraucana}
I have never had a EE or Ameraucana go broody. So I use my BCM and BO to brood. Those two hens stay broody as long as the weather is warm.
Out of 13 eggs 3 chicks got as far as getting their beak out of the shell then quiet and 1 egg wasn't fertile. So not a bad hatch from the BCM 9 of 13.
The BO hatch is due on 30th. She did great last year. 14 out of 15 made it. Hoping for a good hatch from her. She is sitting on all blue/green eggs.

My new 1st hatch this year. Dad is an Olive egger {Splash maran X Americana} Mom's are all Green egg layers {EE,OE and Ameraucana}
I have never had a EE or Ameraucana go broody. So I use my BCM and BO to brood. Those two hens stay broody as long as the weather is warm.
Out of 13 eggs 3 chicks got as far as getting their beak out of the shell then quiet and 1 egg wasn't fertile. So not a bad hatch from the BCM 9 of 13.
The BO hatch is due on 30th. She did great last year. 14 out of 15 made it. Hoping for a good hatch from her. She is sitting on all blue/green eggs.
They are all darling
love.gif
I hope your BO hatches well too! I have a little fluffy butt that looks like the reddish one in the front. I am interested to see what I get with all the red; they are sexed pullets so the red is throwing me even though I know at this age it doesn't determine anything,

How precious!!! I love the blue ones!! <3 Looks like they will turn out to be pretty coloring! :)

How precious!!! I love the blue ones!! <3 Looks like they will turn out to be pretty coloring! :)
Yes the blue ones turn out nice. I have a few from last year. I'll have to take a picture of the blue girls. They ended up with a little orange cast in the feathers. The new colors for me is the dark red one in the very back and the tan/red one in the front. I had one white one last year but the hawk picked it out. I now have bird netting over my grow out pen. If I can just keep them safe till they are no longer hawk bait!

more EE chicks! hatched yesterday from morning til evening... my broody bantam can cover 5 LF eggs, one broke during the first week, one was rejected about day 16, but she's 3 for 3 on the remaining. all are from the same EE sire, one chick is BR x (cream egg), one is BSL x (brown speckled egg), and one is EE x (blue egg)
AND... my sweet broody laid an egg of her own already.

Back
Top Bottom