The EE braggers thread!!!

I want to thank everyone for commenting on my dilemma; I'm off to bed in a minute so I won't quote everyone. But thanks for the % info on the inheritance of the blue egg gene; I was thinking it worked somewhat along those lines and for this breeding line I am after pure blue and didn't want to mix everything up with a brown gene and finding out a year from now the boy just throws brown eggers.

I also want a better body type, with wider hips for more capacity and length of laying life. And that extends to feather quality also. Can't be comfy with a naked back, winter or summer.

Since I've been hatching my own chicks I have noticed that some things seem to take more after mom and some more after dad. For instance a hen with a lousy comb seems to pass it to all her chicks,especially the girls, so I can see all the chicks getting moms body shape, while coloring seems to be coming from both parents.

I do have two pure Ameraucauna pullets that have not begun to lay yet. I have toyed with the idea of finding a roo to go with them and may still do so.

My grown EE boy that I have kept is not that wide in the butt, (he is wider than those hens tho) but he has a great chest on him. I currently have him with a different set of hens so will see how those combinations turn out. Since I sell eggs at my farmer's market I won't mind having some more layers, but I definitely won't breed from the original three hens again and will keep my eyes peeled for some wider girls also.

anyone see any pure white EEs before?

This is my pure white EE no beard. Roo is a {splash maran x silver EE lays blue eggs}. I don't know which hen she came from. But it had to be a blue or lite green egg because that is all I set this year. I have never had a pure white. She is my first. I have had a few splash male and female last year and this year I have 1 splash 3 week old sex unknown hoping for a pullet. The other one is a boy beside her. He is very pretty but he and his 4 brothers must go.

Last edited:
This is my pure white EE no beard. Roo is a {splash maran x silver EE lays blue eggs}. I don't know which hen she came from. But it had to be a blue or lite green egg because that is all I set this year. I have never had a pure white. She is my first. I have had a few splash male and female last year and this year I have 1 splash 3 week old sex unknown hoping for a pullet. The other one is a boy beside her. He is very pretty but he and his 4 brothers must go.
we got a trio, the roo is a salt-n-pepper lookin boy! I want my DD to start her own line of EEs! thinkin after they start laying ill throw them all together with my older golden EEs!

anyone see any pure white EEs before?

I have a SBEL pure white roo with a pea comb if you want it.

did you see the cockrel I got to go with them? I plan to breed them along with some of powders pullets!
do you have any of them lavs available? I may sneak over and pick up a couple when they are!

the person I got them from said the roo they have spits white pullets and b&w cockrels... if they breed true I wouldn't mind working on their type! maybe put some color in them!

Here are my 5 week old babies. The first 3 were hatchery sexed, but I'm pretty sure I have 2 Roos! What do ya'll think??

Pullet?

Roo!?

Roo?

Unsure on the next 2, they are twins...

Here are my 5 week old babies. The first 3 were hatchery sexed, but I'm pretty sure I have 2 Roos! What do ya'll think??

Pullet?

Roo!?

Roo?

Unsure on the next 2, they are twins...

Here are my guesses - I think you are pretty close:

#1 - watch this one. It doesn't have the classic black/white that my boys did - but I don't like those black/white feathers on the front. Looks girly for now though.
#2 - I think you are right - roo.
#3 - haven't had one this color yet - but I don't see anything that says boy right now
#4 & #5 are both girl coloring. Notice how it is even over their whole body and doesn't have different colors in "patches"? The only "patches" a girl usually gets is right around the neck area like a collar. That's what I am seeing on these.

So my guess is 3 girls, 1 boy and one ?

Back
Top Bottom