The EE braggers thread!!!

If I cross a barred plymouth rock to an easter egger will I get a barred colored easter egger? Wht would the chances be for egg coloring

Depends on which is the barred bird. Barred hen will only have barred sons. Barred rooster will pass it to both sexes of offspring. If the EE hen carries two copies of the blue egg gene, the offspring will lay green or green khaki. If she only carries one copy, half the girls will only lay brown eggs.

If I cross a barred plymouth rock to an easter egger will I get a barred colored easter egger? Wht would the chances be for egg coloring
Barring is sex linked - so who is the rooster and who is the hen?

If your hen is barred and your Rooster is the EE then you will get Barred boys and EE girls. If its the other way around you will get barred boys and girls, but the barred boys will only have one barring gene. The girls can only carry and pass on one barring gene.

Plymouth Rocks lay brown eggs + EE blue egg gene will give you at least a 50% chance to have green eggs (if the EE only carries 1 gene). If your EE has two blue egg genes then all the kids will carry one blue egg gene and you will get 100% blue eggs. Its the next generation when they can loose the green eggs.

Roo is ee.. so the boys will be barred and the girls will have ee coloring or? Would they still be called easter egger

You could produce a auto sexing line with this cross.I and a couple more people are working on this.I would welcome more people interested in this.Perhaps we could start a thread for this.Crele or something like rhodebar or cream legbar can be sexed by color at hatch.Not hard to do with a little advise from someone who understands how to mate them.

Back
Top Bottom