The EE braggers thread!!!

This is Suzanne AKA Crazy Eyes...I have a flock almost entirely with Orange is the New Black names...it is kind of a problem.
She is 12 weeks old now and I purchsed her for like $2 as an Americauna. I had no idea there were more than just chickens when I went a bought some. I have not touched her until last night cause she freaked me out and it turns out she is sweet and mellow...unlike the majority of my crazy chicks. I have 14 chickens and 4 turkeys. I have a beginners mix of: leghorn, EE, 2 jersey giants, bantam silkie, 2 turkens, Delaware, Dominique, bantam cochin, 2 sebrights, golden laced Wyandotte and bantam barred Plymouth rock.

I finally got Penny to pose for some 9 week old pix:
That is Henry, her Brahma shadow. I love her ... Is that a ruff, muff or beard?

I am so digging this guy. Can't wait to see how he finishes.

Stopped at Townline to pick up two chicks for a single chick that I hatched (for company) and they showed me how they were sexing the EE's. It's very obvious the two lines of feathers for the girls and one for the boys. I did not see any more of the splash-type roo-chicks so I don't know if they stopped using that breeding combo. They *do* breed there except for the game birds and the meat birds. I found them very helpful, again, taking the time to show me how to feather sex the chicks (even the GLW that I picked up). I did tell them about the many roos of this color getting by them just to let them know. After I left I realized I didn't ask what they were doing with all those male chicks but realized I may not want to know .

Our EE Roo is similar, top pic he was about 3 months? BOttom around 6 months....still looks pretty much the same. We have lots of pretty babies from him!

Back
Top Bottom