The EE braggers thread!!!

Here is a better pic showing the black in Daisy's tail, and a little on the tips of her wings. Should I expect the black to stay after she molts?

LOL
Everyone wants to know how to make Honey!!!
I wish Jerry was on this thread, he could probably tell us!!!

COChix you should ask him on the Easer Egger Club thread or the Ameraucana everything goes thread!
- Should be interesting to see what her offspring will be once they start mating with either the Buff or Rhode Island Roo's. Thoughts? I am new to this chicken thing and especially the breeding side. Everyone LOVES MS. HONEY!, lol.

I am on this thread also . My best guess is 1 or 2 copies of dominant white removed the black . Like in Red Pyle . So you have the same pattern as the hen on the right but with black removed and the brown lightened by removing black .
wow ok that is like you are speaking a forgein in language. I will eventually understand the breeding side. Thank you for sharing your wealth of information!

Last edited:
I am on this thread also . My best guess is 1 or 2 copies of dominant white removed the black . Like in Red Pyle . So you have the same pattern as the hen on the right but with black removed and the brown lightened by removing black .

Oh, I see that now that you point it out.
I'm just starting to get a decent understanding of some of the genetics...but there is soo much to learn. thats why EE's interest me , they are a genetic puzzle!
And its kind of like having one breed with every variety...even though they are not a breed I'm trying to develope a "strain" or maybe just call it my own "line" that has the Ameraucana "look" & type
with varied plummage. I have a splash wheaten cock I was planning to use, but his name is SPAZ for a reason! That Rooster is impossible to catch, even in a small pen. If you even act like your going to move towards him he goes ape nuts crazy!! So I don't know if I want that type of behavior bred into them or if it even will breed in?

Oh, I see that now that you point it out.
I'm just starting to get a decent understanding of some of the genetics...but there is soo much to learn. thats why EE's interest me , they are a genetic puzzle!
And its kind of like having one breed with every variety...even though they are not a breed I'm trying to develope a "strain" or maybe just call it my own "line" that has the Ameraucana "look" & type
with varied plummage. I have a splash wheaten cock I was planning to use, but his name is SPAZ for a reason! That Rooster is impossible to catch, even in a small pen. If you even act like your going to move towards him he goes ape nuts crazy!! So I don't know if I want that type of behavior bred into them or if it even will breed in?

I am not saying that behavior is always passed on to offspring, bu I had this mean buff brahma. I crossed with some nice laying hens I had, just for a test hatch. And man. His sons were twice as mean as him!

Here is Spaz...not a very good looking guy, which is why I was going to use him for EE projects instead of Ameraucanas.

It is funny, the breeder I got him from told me his wheatens were his wifes favorite birds because they were so tame. So I dunno maybe it is just because we moved them? We thought they would settle down, but hes just gotten worse.
But look at the beard on this guy! I was hoping to cross him over the pullets from wy Silver EE in my avatar, I have posted pics of him before...and He won Best Cockerel in one of the BYC EE shows...LOL. Was hoping to improve beard type and add the blue genes in with Spaz.

Now I do have a Black Copper Marans Mix cock...and a White EE Pullet that were not sure who her momma is as we had nothing white before her. But Daddy is the Silver EE.

So I'm thinking she must be recessive white, so If I put him over her.....but I was wanting to use Spaz to keep the Pea comb good and beard.

Guess I'll just have to do both :)

Back
Top Bottom