The EE braggers thread!!!

I really enjoy my EE roosters too... It's too bad I have to get rid of the ones that I hatched...
sad.png
that's to bad that you have to get ride of them
sad.png
i would be devastated

Here's a picture of one of our so-called little hens all grown up! Turned out to be a ROO and as with all of our birds they are loved no matter what the sex so we made room to have two ROOs which has actually worked out pretty good (we have 13 hens). Our "Super ROO (Big Coz)" plays #2 to this Alpha Rooster but is the over-all protector against all predators to our flock. In fact, Cosmo has successfully defended against a red fox (in an actual physical confrontation) and also jumped a Red Tailed Hawk trying to get to our other rooster (who only lost a few tail feathers in the fight against the Hawk thanks to Cosmos interference). By the way, Cosmo (all grown up) weighs in somewhere in the 14lb. range so he's pretty intimidating! Works the yard a lot like a working sheep dog...

Here's one of Cosmo (I call him "Coz-zilla" these days).

Here's a picture of one of our so-called little hens all grown up! Turned out to be a ROO and as with all of our birds they are loved no matter what the sex so we made room to have two ROOs which has actually worked out pretty good (we have 13 hens). Our "Super ROO (Big Coz)" plays #2 to this Alpha Rooster but is the over-all protector against all predators to our flock. In fact, Cosmo has successfully defended against a red fox (in an actual physical confrontation) and also jumped a Red Tailed Hawk trying to get to our other rooster (who only lost a few tail feathers in the fight against the Hawk thanks to Cosmos interference). By the way, Cosmo (all grown up) weighs in somewhere in the 14lb. range so he's pretty intimidating! Works the yard a lot like a working sheep dog...

Here's one of Cosmo (I call him "Coz-zilla" these days).
Beautiful roo's

I have 2 EE roos who are the 1st and 2nd comand of my LF flock. They are both 2 years old. How long will they remain the big strong boys? What I'm asking is when so I need to keep another roo to replace them as the get old.

I have 2 EE roos who are the 1st and 2nd comand of my LF flock. They are both 2 years old. How long will they remain the big strong boys? What I'm asking is when so I need to keep another roo to replace them as the get old.

I always replace mine every year or so. Just because their spurs get long and pull feathers out of my hens. That way my hens get a break while waiting for the new chicks of the current year to mature. Then when the new ones are big enough, I put them together with the older hens and then he usually takes command of the flock. Just make sure there aren't more then two or that could create problems. I had two EE roos in this years batch and they didn't really have a problem with each other. The one died, but I still have the other one.

Thanks for everyones posts & helping us clarify that this is a rooster(
sad.png
really thought it was a hen) I apologize to anyone who I may have upset or offended. That was not my intentions.
smile.png

Ok so now it's time to rename him. Any suggestions? Also, I have a question for y'all.....we have a hen that was suppose to be an Olive Egger but for some reason she lays dark brown eggs. She came from a green egg so it's weird that she doesn't lay green eggs. Anyways, since my EE is a roo do y'all think that their offspring would lay green eggs?
hu.gif
No need to apologize. I got a young "hen" from a woman who had colors like a copper penny. I name it Henny Penny. I showed pictures off on BYC and post came back letting me know it was a young roo and I should call it Rooster Booster. Well his name already stuck so he was called Henny Penny. A great rooster and I learned a lot about watching for color and color patterns in the males. Some girls can be colorful but their coloring is more evenly distributed where the males have patching coloration. Owning chickens is a learning process for sure and there is always more to learn.

My lovely and great rooster, Henny Penny. May he rest in peace.

Back
Top Bottom