The EE braggers thread!!!

Oh my god thats awful! how did you lose them? I lost my EE's sister to a hawk when she was a pullet poor little thing. Though i didn't see the hawk so i keep thinking a full grown hen will walk out of the woods one day!

It was my own fault, I forgot to go out and close up the pop door on the coop. Something got through the fence and right into the coop.

Hello fellow Easter Egger family, things have gotten a bit busy due to harvest season and all. All our EE hens are laying various shades of blue and blue/green. I have not been able to keep up with you all but know that winter will be here soon enough and then we have nothing but tine. Anyway, finally got some good shots of two of our EE that have been nameless! Up until today. Actually we have decided on a name for one of them.......

Beyoncé - to the right of the roo

No name

I have figured out what got my chickens. I turned my security camera towards the coop after the loss. Last night a family of 5 racoons climbed the fence and tried to get into the coop. I lost 5 chickens the other night so I'm sure i now know what got them. The coop pop door has one of those hooks that has a safety catch on it. Last night they managed to get the safety catch off but not the wire i reinforced the hook with.

I believe i will have to put a "roof" on the run.

Thats awful! Yeah you probably should get a 'roof'! I have a family of coyotes that hangs around my coop so i always have to be very careful to close and lock everything well! Another thing you can consider is a Nite Guard. I ordered my off amazon and its a flashing red light you hang at eye level of the predator to keep them away. It actually works pretty well for me.

Back
Top Bottom