The EE braggers thread!!!

From Meyer Hatchery, she was part of our rainbow cold hardy run.

Did you get other EE's along with her and if so, are they clean-faced? I know with EE's you never know if they will be or not, but a lot of other people on this thread posted pics of their EE's they got from Meyers and most were clean-faced. I got 5 EE's from Cackle Hatchery and they all had big beards on them.

Did you get other EE's along with her and if so, are they clean-faced? I know with EE's you never know if they will be or not, but a lot of other people on this thread posted pics of their EE's they got from Meyers and most were clean-faced. I got 5 EE's from Cackle Hatchery and they all had big beards on them.
We had 6 EE, all but one had beards/muffs, we lost one to a coon so we have five now...let me see what pics I can post of them all.

Gretchen

Little One

Honey - RIP

Beyonce

No name, clean face

Of course Isis

I am open to name suggestions on the clean face girl. She is more quiet than the rest and I hardly get to hold her as she is flighty about that. Beyonce is also shy and I only recently able to get some really good shots of her. I will need to try on no name, but she has a clean face.

We had 6 EE, all but one had beards/muffs, we lost one to a coon so we have five now...let me see what pics I can post of them all.

Gretchen

Little One

Honey - RIP

Beyonce

No name, clean face

Of course Isis

I am open to name suggestions on the clean face girl. She is more quiet than the rest and I hardly get to hold her as she is flighty about that. Beyonce is also shy and I only recently able to get some really good shots of her. I will need to try on no name, but she has a clean face.

Hatty, well because she looks like she is wearing a little black cap.

Gretchen

Little One

Honey - RIP

Beyonce

No name, clean face

Of course Isis

I remember now! I am pretty sure I saw Honey awhile back on this thread. Such a shame, her colors were beautiful! Nice looking group of birds you have there too!
thumbsup.gif

To evemfoster: Your Molly looks just like my younger EE, Peggy Sue. The body and tail colors are like gold and silver, and the head, muffs, and beard are black. She's still too young to lay, but she was definitely advertised as EE -well, actually AMERICANA, not Ameraucana. I'm sorry for her injuries. Hopefully Molly will quickly recover and give you more amazing eggs!
1f60a.png

Molly does seem to be recovering well i don't expect eggs for quite a while her comb has gone pale pink again. But the good news is i spotted new pinfeathers coming in today. So i will stop worrying about her being so cold at night. Not that she has been staying inside during the daytime. She has been out running around occasionally with her wings spread and its been in the mid 20's for over a week.

I have two non EE's that i believe should start laying any day now, they are squatting. But i want more EE's. I have my fingers crossed that Molly's eggs will hatch. If they don't i am afraid i will have to wait for the May chick sale at BigR.

k so I was wondering what would happen if I bred this color rooster.....

to these hens....

COULD I GET A NON SILVER ROOSTER BUT A GOLD ROO.
LIKE.
th

this pic is from google.

k so I was wondering what would happen if I bred this color rooster.....

to these hens....

COULD I GET A NON SILVER ROOSTER BUT A GOLD ROO.
LIKE.
th

this pic is from google.

I would think you would get some reds like the hens and if you breed the white hen with that roo, I would think the chicks would turn out to be white with possibly black on them, but with EE's it's just a guessing game.

Back
Top Bottom