The EE braggers thread!!!

So I finally got a good shot of our clean faced EE. She is a cutie as well, she is the most shy out of all the EE.

Last edited:
Momma at 23 weeks of age :weee REST IN PEACE MOMMA ....... :hit 2 house dogs dug under the fence to get in to the yard today and got Momma wile she was under the shed sitting on her third nest for the year and she was only 49 weeks old and got her and 6 of her 8 week old chicks who were near by and 5 guinea chicks and all the other guinea ore 3 total adults were making a lot of noise and after getting outside I could see the carnage happening so I got the trouble ender and put the two house dog's on the fence ,,,This happened at 4 PM and the Sheriff's Deputies did not show up till 7 PM to recover the dog's and said it was not their jurisdiction and said Animal Control would be out by Friday to make sure I did everything correctly as the chickens were live stock the shooting was legal ...... :/ Ok I am still out a lot of money so where are the owners of the dog's : So very sorry for your loss of your Momma. :( :( :th :barnie :idunno :hit :rant :mad: :oops: How I am felling right now :sick gander007 :old

Momma at 23 weeks of age :weee REST IN PEACE MOMMA ....... :hit 2 house dogs dug under the fence to get in to the yard today and got Momma wile she was under the shed sitting on her third nest for the year and she was only 49 weeks old and got her and 6 of her 8 week old chicks who were near by and 5 guinea chicks and all the other guinea ore 3 total adults were making a lot of noise and after getting outside I could see the carnage happening so I got the trouble ender and put the two house dog's on the fence ,,,This happened at 4 PM and the Sheriff's Deputies did not show up till 7 PM to recover the dog's and said it was not their jurisdiction and said Animal Control would be out by Friday to make sure I did everything correctly as the chickens were live stock the shooting was legal ...... :/ Ok I am still out a lot of money so where are the owners of the dog's :confused: :th :barnie :idunno :hit :rant :mad: :oops: How I am felling right now :sick So very sorry for your loss of Momma :( :( gander007 :old

I am so sorry for your loss. She must have been an incredibly special girl. Glad you got the dogs out of the way, so even though it's too late for Momma, at least you don't have to worry about the dogs anymore.

These guys are the first ones we have been showing in this thread all along
The red one is Black Ameraucana X ??
the B & W is Black Amaraucana X SLW

Those are straight up Easter Eggers with no Ameraucana behind them, sorry. I see a green foot there, and if someone crossed a true purebred Ameraucana even with a yellow shanked bird, they're get a slate legged bird. Also, a black Ameraucana crossed with another color wouldn't result in colored secondary feathers like both of those boys have. The one up front is a traditional BBR type Easter Egger, the one in back is an even more traditionally common silver duckwing type Easter Egger with columbian. It could yes be EE x SLW though, but definitely not Ameraucana outcross first gen.

gander007 I'm sooo sorry for your loss, that's horrible, but I'm glad something was done about the dogs, and I hope a final resolution can be made over that in the end. I've lost some incredibly dear birds of mine to dogs, and to make it stickier, they were my family's dogs, so, it's a tough thing to experience.
hugs.gif

Some of my spring EEs started laying and bummer of all bummers, most of them are laying light brown eggs. Ah well, they're pretty enough plumage-wise that I'll give 'em a pass.

Back
Top Bottom