The EE braggers thread!!!

Ok so I posted my EE a little while back just to share. Lately I have been questioning if it is a hen or rooster. It is coming up to 7 weeks of age and the chicken seems so much more dominant out of all my layers. I say this as it tends to jump on all the other chickens quite frequently, but I know this could just be the establishment of the pecking order. I also think it may have saddle feathers, but I'm not sure. It's comb hasn't been much of an indicator as it has not really come in yet. Can anyone tell me based on the pictures below what they think and give me advice on this breed. Can you sex them based off coloration, do they get a big comb like other breeds? When do they typically crow if it is a rooster? It's just a pretty bird that it would stink if it turned out to be a roo. Thanks in advance for all the help!

Ok so I posted my EE a little while back just to share. Lately I have been questioning if it is a hen or rooster. It is coming up to 7 weeks of age and the chicken seems so much more dominant out of all my layers. I say this as it tends to jump on all the other chickens quite frequently, but I know this could just be the establishment of the pecking order. I also think it may have saddle feathers, but I'm not sure. It's comb hasn't been much of an indicator as it has not really come in yet. Can anyone tell me based on the pictures below what they think and give me advice on this breed. Can you sex them based off coloration, do they get a big comb like other breeds? When do they typically crow if it is a rooster? It's just a pretty bird that it would stink if it turned out to be a roo. Thanks in advance for all the help!
I am not sure if it will help but here are some pics of my 12 week old rooster. He is just starting to get saddle feathers.

I'm pretty sure it is a cockerel. The colors are very patchy and uneven.

Momma at 23 weeks of age :weee REST IN PEACE MOMMA ....... :hit 2 house dogs dug under the fence to get in to the yard today and got Momma wile she was under the shed sitting on her third nest for the year and she was only 49 weeks old and got her and 6 of her 8 week old chicks who were near by and 5 guinea chicks and all the other guinea ore 3 total adults were making a lot of noise and after getting outside I could see the carnage happening so I got the trouble ender and put the two house dog's on the fence ,,,This happened at 4 PM and the Sheriff's Deputies did not show up till 7 PM to recover the dog's and said it was not their jurisdiction and said Animal Control would be out by Friday to make sure I did everything correctly as the chickens were live stock the shooting was legal ...... :/ Ok I am still out a lot of money so where are the owners of the dog's :confused: :th :barnie :idunno :hit :rant :mad: :oops: How I am felling right now :sick gander007 :old
Sorry about your loss. And have to say that that is a line of crap. If they even threaten your livestock you have the right to shot them, when they step on your property you have the right to shot them! Maybe things are side rent where you live, but here that is how things work. Dogs can do a lot of damage I lost around 40 grow chickens to some peoples dogs years ago.

I have a pure black and white EE. I think it is a boy but idk. He is the widest EE ever I mean like Cornish wide. He reminds me of a Cornish x

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom