The EE braggers thread!!!

Hi. All...
People sometimes ask for an EE then say Oh that doesnt have tufts or beard.I want an EE.
Here are 2 of my girls who both lay green eggs.Neither has tufts or have Beards
Sorry Blue girls shy.

Last edited:
This blue girl that Lays green eggs. More odd... Her sister identical to her..lays TAN.I'm almost positive the dad of both is a Blue half English Orp x half I guess...Lavender Amercauna.was never sure until this blue girls green egg happened

Seems like it's been rather quiet here lately! I got out and took some pictures of the flock the other day, and thought I'd share the ones of my Easter-egger girls here.
smile.png
They all turned out to be beard shots, but oh, well.
lol.png

Merlin:

Betty Beard:

Wynne:

And these two are Cressy and Maggie, the grumps.
lol.png
I think they're trying to hide in their beards until winter's over.

Love those beards!

Question. Has anyone ordered hatching eggs through the mail? I'm looking to get some new colors, well muffed and bearded Ameraucanas. I have nine; two roosters (a red pyle blue splash wheaten and a wildly colored red pyle,) three red partridge, one blue splash white, one blue splash wheaten, one silver partridge and one minimal partridge red. All of them, save the red partridges, have good muffs and beards.

I've never hatched eggs before, this is actually my first year with chickens.

Any ideas? I'm sure some of you have nice flocks that would help mine along, but I know nothing about hatching eggs or having eggs mailed to me. The mail seems like a bad idea for shipping eggs, but how else could you get them? There are TONS on eBay.

Help...

P.S. What I'm looking for are silver partridge, whites, spangles and other crazy colors. But they all need to be well bearded and muffed.

Question. Has anyone ordered hatching eggs through the mail? I'm looking to get some new colors, well muffed and bearded Ameraucanas. I have nine; two roosters (a red pyle blue splash wheaten and a wildly colored red pyle,) three red partridge, one blue splash white, one blue splash wheaten, one silver partridge and one minimal partridge red. All of them, save the red partridges, have good muffs and beards.

I've never hatched eggs before, this is actually my first year with chickens.

Any ideas? I'm sure some of you have nice flocks that would help mine along, but I know nothing about hatching eggs or having eggs mailed to me. The mail seems like a bad idea for shipping eggs, but how else could you get them? There are TONS on eBay.

Help...

P.S. What I'm looking for are silver partridge, whites, spangles and other crazy colors. But they all need to be well bearded and muffed.

Learn to hatch before ordering eggs . Shipped eggs are a gamble . I consider 50% hatch good on shipped eggs . You may get nothing or 90% . I have bought and sold . Seen all kinds of results on both sides .

Learn to hatch before ordering eggs . Shipped eggs are a gamble . I consider 50% hatch good on shipped eggs . You may get nothing or 90% . I have bought and sold . Seen all kinds of results on both sides .

Thanks! That was more or less what I was thinking. This is the incubator I was thinking about getting. Yes or no? I'm sure I should be posting on a hatching thread, but I really want to get my feelers out for good Ameraucanas to join my 'Operation: Well Muffed Wild Colors' breeding project.

$_57.JPG

Thanks! That was more or less what I was thinking. This is the incubator I was thinking about getting. Yes or no? I'm sure I should be posting on a hatching thread, but I really want to get my feelers out for good Ameraucanas to join my 'Operation: Well Muffed Wild Colors' breeding project.

%24_57.JPG

It takes a little practice with these . Many first attempts are failures . Humidity is very important . I started with the old round still air hovabator in the early 1970's . Hatched a lot of chicks with it over the years before purchasing a Sportsman .

Back
Top Bottom