The EE braggers thread!!!

With all this talk about RIR X EE crosses, I think I may need to find out what my two yearlings are laying. I guess I've assumed they would lay brown eggs, and never really thought about it. But since several others have now mentioned that they are getting green eggs from theirs, there might be hope for my girls laying green eggs as well.
big_smile.png

With all this talk about RIR X EE crosses, I think I may need to find out what my two yearlings are laying. I guess I've assumed they would lay brown eggs, and never really thought about it. But since several others have now mentioned that they are getting green eggs from theirs, there might be hope for my girls laying green eggs as well.
big_smile.png

Um, given your stature in the EE community, I would think you would know! Or are you getting brown eggs and green eggs and just don't know which the RIRxEE are laying?

Um, given your stature in the EE community, I would think you would know! Or are you getting brown eggs and green eggs and just don't know which the RIRxEE are laying?

I have a flock of about 60 birds (about 30% EE's and the rest other breeds) so it is a bit hard to tell who is laying what.
smile.png
I've been sneaking in and checking on who is laying of late, and I've gotten all but 3 or 4 of my EE's figured out. My RIRX EE's are almost a year old now, and have nice red combs, etc so I'm assuming they are laying. They've never been sitting when I was in the coop (and I have been focused mostly on my straight EE's) so I haven't seen them lay as of yet. It will be interesting to find out though, so far both my EE X BLRW and EE X Maran hens have laid brown.

my LF wheaten ameraucana x bantam buff laced white cornish pullet (in with my pet quality wheaten am roo who comes from a line of nice blue eggs) laid her first three eggs this week! they were as big as my LF blue wheaten ameraucanas egg and lucky for me the blue wheaten hen also laid an egg and my silkie cross is conveniently broody...

Back
Top Bottom