The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
Just because a rooster is rumpless doesn't automatically make him an Araucana. Is he clean-faced? Tufted? Are his legs green or yellow? If he isn't any of those - He's not an Araucana.

However, that does make EE's. . . As for the rumplessness, yes, it can pop up in the future.
smile.png

Quote:
Just because a rooster is rumpless doesn't automatically make him an Araucana. Is he clean-faced? Tufted? Are his legs green or yellow? If he isn't any of those - He's not an Araucana.

However, that does make EE's. . . As for the rumplessness, yes, it can pop up in the future.
smile.png

His legs aren't yellow, but not sure I would call them green either, and short, maybe a gray green. He looks kind of clean faced, but very full neck feathers, kind of a wheaten color I think it would be called. All I know is he didn't come from a hatchery (she said private breeder) and the lady did say several times he was a pure bred Araucana. Looks for all the world like some I've seen in the Araucana thread as well as on the feathersite website.She also told me he carried the blue egg gene. That's all I know about him, I've only had him since the first part of February of this year. I put him in with my hens hoping to get more blue egg layers. I really don't care if he is pure or not, but he does look to me like he could be, I'm just hoping to increase my flock with hens that carry that blue egg gene. Oh he does have the pea comb too.

The lady's only request when she gave him to me was that if I ate him, she didn't want to know. Unless he should some how get mean, he will probably live out his days here, even though I will probably retire him from service some day to a separate pen as the hens peck at his tail and neck feathers all the time, even though I put blu-kote and hot pick on him, Hot pick did slow them down some.

You know what really peeves me off, There is a woman that I pratically gave eggs to cause she said she wanted to hatch some chicks and raise them and then she turns around and puts them on craigslist and to top it off, she is trying to pass them off as something they are not.

She said they are Araucana mixed with buff but really they are EE mixed with buff and she said she had 2 that are Game hen mixed with Araucana but they are a game mixed hen mixed with EE. How could someone do that?

Why pass something off as something it is not?

Last edited:
Quote:
Hard to say from that photo, it is blurry. They look like Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas, however if you got them from a hatchery or feedstore, they're EE's. If you cross them to any other breed but Ameraucanas, they're EE's.
smile.png
So yes, crossing to a Cochin will indeed get green egg layers, which is what Easter Eggers often are.

Breshcandra - Yes. If you look closely, you will see the sawtooth edge of a single comb vs the little bumps of a pea comb, or even a smooth broad rose comb, or a smooth narrow V comb, and so on.
smile.png

Well, my home-made Easter Eggers are finally laying now, and even though the "Olive Egger" girls are younger, they're laying first - The "Easter Eggers" (normal green layers) followed behind just by 3 days, and are giving me some nice green eggs. It took a while for me to catch who's laying them though, and today I finally snuck in and saw that it was my silver girl. (I only have a golden EE and a silver EE, both the same age - They're actually identical in almost every way but for the gold vs silver genes)

Pics will be up tonight.

Thank you I thought I was right and I Know my 3 girls are EE they were bought from a farmer who got them at the local feed store. I can't wait for one to go broody so I can hatch out some eggs. I had one that laid green eggs i lost her my 1st winter. Thanks again for the help

EE EXPERTS PLEASE REPLY!! Much to my dismay I think ANOTHER one of my EEs is a roo...the one in question is the white and black bird. They are 8 weeks old. I put a few of my others from this batch for comparison. The buff bird is an EE girl. The copper and black bird is an EE roo-he is the only one who crows or asserts himself with the others. I also have a cochin and welsummer roos. Im pretty sure 4 is gonna be too many. So what is YOUR vote on this white and black critter? The comb has me thinking....
61151_march23a_006.jpg

61151_march23a_005.jpg

61151_march23_001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom