The EE braggers thread!!!

I love the colors and differant landscapes of the desert, (for a visit) but I'd never give up my green rolling hills, rivers and lakes!

I think so; so many good memories there. I do enjoy green grass and trees, but also loved hiking and exploring out in the desert. I grew up in Needles, right on the Colorado River. I do miss that river!
smile.png

My latest "little chocolate truffles" - Some Easter Eggers, (half Polish, half Ameraucana) - 0 days versus 1 week!
smile.png

5651722047_4b44354cf2_z.jpg

And some Wheaten and Blue Wheaten Easter Eggers. . .

5652292968_4d75098f51_z.jpg

5651726071_a62af9beae_z.jpg

They're just so precious. These are my Easter hatch chicks.
smile.png

Quote:

Flower, My broody is a buff orpington. She's one of my pets for sure but she doesn't teach her chicks to be people trusting. Little Dude has been a good roo because he is afraid of people. I don't want these chicks to be afraid of us so I'd like to raise them. I don't have an incubator so my BO is wonderful to have.

Illia, I love your chicks. I'm interested to see how they look as they grow. Cloverleaf showed me Poseidon this weekend and what a beauty. All your chickens are.

To make up for the brown hillside, I have as many plants, trees, shrubs vegetables flowers that I can propagate. And not all is brown as I live at the southern tip of the Sierras and the "Big Trees" are an hour away. There is beauty everwhere but we are all comfortable with what we are familiar.

Quote:

Illia regards to the first shot, an interesting documentation that one week makes. The new born has swollen feet can't stand up yet and is totally fuzzy, where as the week old babe is standing stong and has wing feathers starting. Interesting ! But why the cross between Polish and Ameraucana ? Pale blue eggs ?

I Think I'm Going To Stick With Ameraucana / Ee's From Now On. Ima Allow My Pure Hens Mix In With My Amer's / Ee's And Just Have Amer's / Ee's From This Point Forward.

Quote:
This could be very interesting. I had a friend cross an EE roo with a white leghorn. She had 6 hatch - 3 boys and 3 girls. All the boys had yellow legs and all the girls had green. I have 2 chicks of the same crossing (different male and female) and the one I'm sure is a boy has yellow legs while the suspected pullet has green. Hmmmm? I would be interested to find out how your hatch ends up on the male=yellow legs, female=green legs scale. Please share your results. Thanks. BTW...that is a beautiful girl. Wish I had one like that!

ChestnutRidge, The eggs I set are from my own line of EE's that I have been breeding for 12+ yrs. I have culled them over the years to where they produce only a couple of color patterns( reds and silvers) and lay only blue eggs. I hope to offer some hatching eggs on BYC soon so will be posting a pic of the eggs on this thread. Hope you do enjoy your chicks!
Emjay, Being honest is never a mistake; we only hope that the other seller was just uninformed and not deceptive in selling her chicks. The prospective buyers do need to be educated in the difference of the breeds. Perhaps a poster of some sort explaining( w/photos) would help to get folks on the right track to what they are REALLY buying. Best to you!

Back
Top Bottom