The EE braggers thread!!!

I have had EE from the start and love them dearly... This year as always I added to my flock and 4 EE were brought home. One turned out to be a roo. No problem and to top it off I'm think he will turn out to look like the roo on post # 3819. I'm so excited
ya.gif
wee.gif

busy busy at my house.

just hatched some more babies in the incubator.

36 hatched out of 42 . #37 died after hatching. #38 died with beak stuck out of a small hole. Only 4 eggs were duds.

I had to hatch 8 myself out of the 36, as they were glued inside their shells. Sticky chicks. TOok forever to unglue them, and just as long to clean them off. 3 of them are in booties, but, other then that, doing great considering.

All EE's.

I also have 3 broody hens sitting on more EE eggs. all due this month.

curious as well, what is a common boy color in the EE's, as far as teh chipmunks go? Is it the darker ones generally who are roos?
I have some different colors this hatch, and I am kind of wanting to keep them to see how they mature.

Here are some of my EEs, Illia, can you tell me if they are males or females and what color precisely? They are from this roo
71540_chickens_november_019.jpg

71540_p5060059.jpg
71540_p5060093.jpg

71540_p5060064.jpg

71540_p5060090.jpg

71540_p5060094.jpg

71540_p5060065.jpg

71540_p5060067.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
#1 pullet
#2 pullet
#3 cockerel

I have no ideas on the colors but they all look silver pencilish to me. They will continue to change as they get older so at this age it's hard to tell what they will finish out like

Quote:
#1 pullet
#2 pullet
#3 cockerel

I have no ideas on the colors but they all look silver pencilish to me. They will continue to change as they get older so at this age it's hard to tell what they will finish out like

Thanks, I am quite sure #1 is a pullet and #3 is a cockerel but am not sure about #2.

Quote:
Mine hatched on Sept 21 and the first ones started laying mid January, all were laying by end of Feb.

Thanks for the help!

I'm so sad, one of the pretty EE's I got from the feed supply store looks like a roo at 4 weeks. He is white and oh so pretty. He had peach fluff with the white when he was a new chick. So sad, which I could keep him
sad.png

What would create a very light bluish/gray color in an EE? I just picked one up that is just gorgeous. Looks almost like a lavender, but has a few orange feathers just under her chin. Her legs are bluish gray as well.

Back
Top Bottom