The EE braggers thread!!!

Frizzled Easter Eggers!! ( more of 'em I mean. . .
big_smile.png
) 2 week old chick and a 3 week old chick.

6284392097_dc1361655c_z.jpg

3 week old chick. Has a little crest and a big beard, but, you can't tell at this age.

6284388525_c1d1b0fbac_z.jpg

Here's its half-brothers/sisters. They're the normal feathered type, but still the same.

6284904996_50093d2767_z.jpg

This is my oldest cockerel of them - Half-brother to the frizzles, full brother to the smooth ones. He's one of the many slight variations they'll grow to look like. The body is all the same, but some may be more or less black, more less spangled vs laced.

6284384237_ccf0b75051_z.jpg

All of the above if female will lay sky blue eggs.

Me and my crested Easter Eggers. . . . Here's another older pullet, this one's mostly a beautiful buff orange with black patterning and the cutest little black cap/crest. She's 1/2 Araucana, 1/4 Ameraucana, 1/4 Polish. She's tailed because Araucana crosses have a 50/50 chance of tailed or rumpless. The beard comes from both Polish and Ameraucana. She'll lay light blue eggs.

6284907274_828474034d_z.jpg

6284908346_057400c934_z.jpg

Another Easter Egger, very likely pullet. This one isn't crested, and will grow to look a lot like your average brown EE hen, but with slate blue legs. She's 3/4 Ameraucana, 1/4 Polish. Didn't get the crest, but kept the full-sized beard. She'll lay vibrant rich blue eggs.

6284904700_bc91f4009a_z.jpg

These here are some Blue Wheaten Marans x Wheaten Ameraucanas. They'll lay slightly dark olive green eggs.

Wheaten cockerel

6284319585_79ec1798f9_z.jpg

Blue Wheaten pullet

6284837234_9fc7c4f8da_z.jpg

Another younger one.

6284317871_4f6e70cc8f_z.jpg

Quote:
She has short round saddle feathers and compared to pics of my other EE's that age she looks just like them except for coloring

A cockerel won't have saddle feathers until much later, after it is fully feathered.

pinkwindsong - How big are his spurs?
wink.png
He looks like a teenager to me. His saddle feathers actually aren't fully developed, his hackle is certainly not developed (needs to be very full and flowing right into his back, not curling to the side like hair) and his sickles aren't even there yet. I'd say he's just a young boy who hasn't learned his manhood yet.

Well crapola! Im keeping my fingers crossed though, Ill update pics in 1 month if nobody crows before

My two EE girls, at least I hope they are girls. They turned five weeks today. I love their coloring and how much it changes from week to week.

Mabel
Mabel.JPG

Hazel & the two next to each other.
Hazel.JPG
Mab+%2526+Haz.JPG

And Illia, if any of your frizzled EE's girls need a home, I would be happy to dive to Forks and get it.
big_smile.png
They are stinken cute!

Last edited:
Well, its' been a long long time since I've posted, been a crazy summer and fall etc.

Here is my newest roo, I hatched him this May in my incubator, I decided to keep this one, as I've wanted a blue guy, he is gorgeous, sadly, he's really eager to crow nonstop...hopefully, he doesn't carry on like the last one did...... but, he's handsome. I can't wait to see what he throws me next spring.

october2011023.jpg

october2011024.jpg

I got rid of most of my youngsters I hatched and kept just a few, I had to keep this girl, as she's a throwback to one of my favorite hens that died last spring, ( that was a SLW)
So this girl I am very happy with, she's EE, but, with my favorite hens colors, (the SLW)

october2011010.jpg

Next up is this girl, my daughter wanted to keep her as she loves the 'caramal' colored chicks. THis one was helped out of the shell by me, as she was a sticky chick, thus, she has one crooked toe. But, she's super neat. She has a mane for neck feathers, i've never quite seen neck feathers like hers, they are super long, and super soft looking, they don't look feathery as they should.

october2011018.jpg

october2011012.jpg

Wow, I gotta say those EE's are just beautiful!

Right now, my best layers are my EEs. They even outlay my Red Star! One perfect green egg from each, every day.

She's petite but so sweet.
98707_1003110933a.jpg

She's my flock leader, and the snuggliest!
98707_1003110938.jpg

I just love coming on here and seeing all the pretty EE pictures!
love.gif

Anyway, my girls turned 6 months old a few days ago, so I have a bunch of EE pictures to share now. (But I'll try and post only the best.
wink.png
)

95415_betty_body.jpg

(Betty never gets easier to take pictures of. Thank goodness I have an action-shot mode on my camera.
th.gif
)

95415_cressy_body.jpg

Look at how pretty Cressy has gotten!
droolin.gif

95415_cressy_face.jpg

(And a close-up of those pretty blue feathers on her neck.)

95415_maggie_body.jpg

Maggie (and Betty in the background--she sits still long enough to be a distraction in the back of her sisters' pictures)

95415_mako_face.jpg

Mako just has an amazing beard.
lol.png

95415_wynne_face.jpg

I love Wynne's eye color, and her black beak against her white feathers.

And I finally got some recent pictures of the boys!
big_smile.png

Moose:
95415_z_moose_face.jpg

95415_z_moose_body.jpg

And Thomas:
95415_z_thomas_face.jpg

95415_z_thomas_body.jpg

(Don't mind how he's standing. He just really wanted to wing-dance at me and wouldn't sit still.
he.gif
)

Last edited:
Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
Wow!! That SL EE hen is just stunning!
ep.gif

~Aspen
love.gif

Thankyou, I think I lucked out with her. Would love to get more like her, but, not sure if that will happen again​

Back
Top Bottom