The EE braggers thread!!!

When you garden w/ EE's you never garden alone.
love.gif

We call gardening "chicken Nintendo" because of this type of behavior :)

Anyone sell hatching eggs within 2hrs of Scranton, PA?

I'm not having much luck with shipped eggs and would like some more pretty birds!
I have 1 blue (splash) wheaten EE and 4 OE ( EExBCM) daughters - all blue!!

Oh my GOSH, Moby! Where did you get those beautiful eggs (or the birds who laid them)???

thank you. I like the blue ones, luanne's work mostly. she rocks,

I got the wheaten amearucanas, lay the blue eggs, from Luanne (cpartist), Kathy (halo) and a friend and Ameraucana breeder Randy (larry) Garner. I culled bunch of roos and ended up with 13 hens and 2 roos going to hatch some of them this summer/ fall.

got the ee green eggs from crossing a splash ameraucana with halos blue rocks and hatched "splash" EEs that lay nice big green eggs.

and just hatched 16 chicks, lav am roo x blue rock hens. to replace our egg layers.

What Ameraucana rooster would you put with these birds to make interesting EE?
a black, blue wheaten, or buff roo with these girls:

Welsummer, Golden Cuckoo Marans, Buff orpington, delaware, Barred rock, brown leghorn, golden laced wyandotte.

I'd appreciate any input. Thanks.

Last edited:
oh and by the way thank you for the advice for my roo he is doing much better putting more weight on his leg and not hopping as bad..
so hopefully he will be compleatly back to normal in a few days.

I just purchased my first chickens 2 rir pullets and 4 ee straight run. My wife and I are very excited.. They are only two days old. My question is how can I sex my ee when they get alittle older. What do I look for and how old before I start trying to sex them. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom