The EE braggers thread!!!

Pretty girl =)

Hey I just noticed you are setting eggs about the same time as I am. Mine will be due the 29th of July. 11 Olive Eggers, 3 Silkie/Sizzle, 12+ Speckled Sussex, 18 BLRW. The eggs should be here Friday or Saturday. Have you joined a Hatch Along thread?

Here's our first and only Easter Egger, Beaker. She's currently 15 weeks old and is very friendly, despite her menacing stare
smile.png
She was the cutest of four chicks and has always been our favorite.

900x900px-LL-32b334da_7436887960_933e36099a.jpeg

Last edited:
Here's our first and only Easter Egger, Beaker. She's currently 15 weeks old and is very friendly, despite her menacing stare
smile.png
She was the cutest of four chicks and has always been our favorite.

900x900px-LL-32b334da_7436887960_933e36099a.jpeg
welcome-byc.gif

I love your chicks!

I read about a guy's rooster completely dunking itself in a watering trough in the terrible east coast heat yesterday! The rooster went under for a couple of minutes, popped up, shook himself off and went about his business! His owner thought the rooster had drowned itself.

Maybe some day your EE standing in the water dish will do that too
wink.png

Ron

Beaker is full of character! It's the cheeks and they seem to have personalities that are very curious and outgoing. Makes them terribly hard to resist!
I got an EE (although someone told me she may be an Ameraucana) as an adult at a swap. She was awfully beat up, but she is sooo sweet and loads of personality, that I had to hatch a couple more out. I never see her getting picked on here, if anything she asserts herself when needed to others, but her cheeks haven't grown back in. They keep trying, but it seems someone is picking at them. I want to see her full faced like Beaker.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to clean juicy, sticky fig off EE cheek muff feathers? I'm glad they found a treat hiding under the cool fig tree, but my EE and Welsummer have hardened/tacky fig stuck on their face feathers. I've tried to sponge it off to no avail?
barnie.gif
Help!

Cute Chicks! Love the pic of Beaker. That face! lol Like she is saying "Uz talkin to me?"
lol.png

Thank you Kassaundra for the background info on the EE. You told me exactly what I asked for. Very helpful. Thanks again.
big_smile.png

I do, but they are on my iPod, and are kinda blurry. I don't know if I can transport them to my computer. But, I will tell you this,
Tulip had the chipmunk coloring, but it was a light chipmunk pattern. The color was beige and had the semi broken stripes.
Jupiter was solid brown, with gold tints throughout her fuzz. I though she was a Sebright! Besides the beard of course.
Opal looked kind of like Tulip, but she had that very dark, common chipmunk coloring of an EE.
Basil was a solid black chick, with a few brown tints here and there.
if I can find a way to transport my iPod photos, I will certainly post them.

Thanks for that info. I do so enjoy seeing how they progress. I cant believe how much some of their looks change over time.

Back
Top Bottom