The EE braggers thread!!!

UnionMan, your rehomed cockerel looks just like my Royce, he's starting to color up like crazy, I think he will be stunning, so far so good as far as the 2 boys getting along fairly well together, Barney is dominant, Royce knows his place yet they will spend time cheek to cheek eating watermelon together.

BrahmaluvnMama, your birds are beautiful and i have the same problem... fast feet = blurred photos, or pics of half a chicken...

MoriahQullts, Dash... he's so handsome... i want so many more...

Union Man your cockerel is very pretty and looks to have a good personality ? Does your uncle live close enough for you to visit once in a while ?

Flower - he lives about 20 min away. I go there regularly in the winter during hunting season but here and there during the summer when my daughter wants to go to the farm. He's the ine who got me hooked on chickens when he brought over a brown box one day with 2 RIR pullets. The cockerel is housed with a rooster and about 15 pullets 10 hens and 10 ducks.

So you be able to see that good looking boy and maybe even become friendly with him. Could be a lot worse, ya know !

I thinks that EEs and other mixed birds are so much better than fussy full-bred breeds. Nah I don't mean that. How else could I make nifty mixes without full-breds birdies. It is just that I have yet to have a "wonderful" "good" "beautiful" "friendly" rooster. The EE that I imported was hugh, gorgeous but a savage. Now the only full grown male that I have is a large silkie and he tries to be protective and "mean" . But how mean could a silkie be. He just makes me laugh.
gig.gif

Anyway Union Man I am glad that you can see the boy from time to time and did not need to send him to "Camp Freezer"

Got a quick picture of my EE boy when he was trying to run away with one of the Wyandotte pullets. He's getting a lot of pale gold in his hackles and every time i look at him i just LOVE his rose comb even more!

Got a quick picture of my EE boy when he was trying to run away with one of the Wyandotte pullets. He's getting a lot of pale gold in his hackles and every time i look at him i just LOVE his rose comb even more!

He is very pretty! I love his colors!
thumbsup.gif

So you be able to see that good looking boy and maybe even become friendly with him. Could be a lot worse, ya know !

I thinks that EEs and other mixed birds are so much better than fussy full-bred breeds. Nah I don't mean that. How else could I make nifty mixes without full-breds birdies. It is just that I have yet to have a "wonderful" "good" "beautiful" "friendly" rooster. The EE that I imported was hugh, gorgeous but a savage. Now the only full grown male that I have is a large silkie and he tries to be protective and "mean" . But how mean could a silkie be. He just makes me laugh.
gig.gif

Anyway Union Man I am glad that you can see the boy from time to time and did not need to send him to "Camp Freezer"
Flower my Oreo lost his feathered mind and tried to be aggressive to me, and I had tried being just as aggressive back to him when he challenged me, and striking back w/ whatever I had handy and keep hitting until he backs off to the point once I thought I had killed him. The last time he came at me I decided I was going to kill and process him, but didn't have my air rifle yet (the method I decided to use) so I had to wait to kill him, so in the mean time I was working in the garden watering the plants and that whole day I "water boarded" him, I put my water hose head on jet and sprayed him every time he even looked at me, and kept spraying until he was out of range (I actually aimed for his head that day b/c of the throbbing hole in my leg) anyway that was quite a while ago now and there has not been one incident since then, a perfect gentleman around me. My chickens have the run of the back, back yard so I cannot have an aggressive roo, I have to walk right in the midst of them every day.

Here is my EE/Silkie cross at 4 months...she is a HE...boo. Very strange looking bird but very sweet so far. The coolest is the blue earlobes, IMO.

From this:

To this:

I thought he was going to be small because of the Silkie but he is not too little. I think once he's full grown he will be a good size rooster. Anybody want a nice EE mix roo? :)

Here is a picture of an SG Dorking x Americauna cockerel that I hatched. I gave him to a fellow BYC'r and he shared this picture:

The Report is that he is a good roo.

Ron

Here are my 3-4 week old EE's. I'm beginning to think "Lucy," the bigger bird is a male, because of the somewhat pink developing comb. It seems a bit early for the bird to be getting one (as I've read). The reddish brown coming in on the shoulders also has me wondering. The smaller bird is "Ethel." What do you think? Gender?

"Lucy"

"Ethel"

"Lucy"

"Ethel"

"Lucy"

Both chickees...

"Lucy"

Back
Top Bottom