The EE braggers thread!!!

Oh the soft blues in her hackles are just lovely!

I was out trying to get pictures of my girls today. Lets just say they were NOT cooperating.

Funny story from today. Our EEs have been laying more eggs each day. Some itty bitty eggs, some decent size, one whopper. Mostly the eggs are green, with some greenish blue, and today a nice small round blue egg. We've been rather possessive of their eggs and haven't sold or given away any. But today we were packaging up three dozen eggs to share with the guys who work on the farm. We were short three eggs, so decided to be generous and fill out the last dozen with some of our EE eggs. When the guys opened the box their reaction was priceless. "Are you sure I'm not going to die?" They called in the other guys to come see. Priceless! Now they all want to watch the EEs lay as proof that the eggs are really coming out of the backside of real hens.

I have one EE that isn't laying yet. I was just curious though. (I have a mixed flock, so the chicks will all be mixed) What I was curious about is any chicken that is mixed considered an EE or just a heinz 57?

As I understand it... any mix that carries the blue egg gene, no matter how much or little the blue egg gene is expressed is considered an EE.

So... an Araucana crossed with, say... a RIR, would be considered an EE.
But, a RIR crossed with say... a Leghorn, would not be considered an EE.

I have only 2 EE's now, both wheaton AM x blue andalusian roos from the same hatch. Here they are at 8 weeks

They're both super sweet and follow me everywhere. They look identical, both solid blues with a mutated single comb, slate feet, and beautiful lacing. I'm upset that I didn't get any surviving girls. But oh well. Here's them as day olds

They never had any white on their down, and they had brown heads, though you can't tell in the pic.

I have only 2 EE's now, both wheaton AM x blue andalusian roos from the same hatch. Here they are at 8 weeks

They're both super sweet and follow me everywhere. They look identical, both solid blues with a mutated single comb, slate feet, and beautiful lacing. I'm upset that I didn't get any surviving girls. But oh well. Here's them as day olds

They never had any white on their down, and they had brown heads, though you can't tell in the pic.
these should be laying machines

Thank you for the compliments on a few of my girls! <3
She is sooo pretty! I just love the soft gold combination with metallic bluish/gray. I'm excited to learn she's from MM, so it's just luck of the draw. All your hens are lovely! :)

@TwizzleBee! Cutest little chick pictures and beautiful adolescent feather shots. That gray color!!! Love it! It's nice to hear they're friendly!

This is my only EE. her name is Roo. (ARG! I hate this new picture uploader, I can't ever upload new pictures! I had to copy and paste these from my album)

I love the pictures!
AnimalCrazed- that EE is adorable, I love it!

Here is Fluff, she's 6 months now. I am still waiting on her to lay!

Back
Top Bottom