The EE braggers thread!!!

EE tend to have a hybrid type comb. Not all but most. These are pure Ameraucanas. These two Roos have 3 well defined ridges. OH I know what they look like..... the edging on a cake in icing! Just not as many ridges.

The pullets, tend to have a relatively flat comb. A slight ridge but not much at all. These are not great to see the combs but it is all I have I am sure.

EE tend to have a hybrid type comb. Not all but most. These are pure Ameraucanas. These two Roos have 3 well defined ridges. OH I know what they look like..... the edging on a cake in icing! Just not as many ridges.

The pullets, tend to have a relatively flat comb. A slight ridge but not much at all. These are not great to see the combs but it is all I have I am sure.

I like your wheaten hens

Last edited:
900x900px-LL-fef58ef1_OE006.jpeg

Here are the eggs I'm getting from my 1st generation Olive Eggers, they were from BCM over EE hens. (No longer have the EE). I also have second generation from Wynette  laying. I have since through FBCM pullets and the Olive eggers in with BCM rooster and OE cockerel. I still get blue eggs from my Lavender Ameraucana, but loving the different combination. Now to change up the coloration of the birds and not just have black hens.   

Did you post those to make me beat my head against the wall, because I WANT those colors too :hit   MAYBE, JUST MAYBE... in the spring when we get moved and DON'T have any houses to remodel, hubby can be talked into more pens.... we have ALL the wood.  Really I just need 4 BIG grow out pens for the pullets and 1 or 2 smaller ones for roos,  :fl   He just thinks I need to get rid of some breeds.... but what?????   :barnie   I like them ALL!

BTW you need to post those on the Olive Egger thread.... you selling hatching eggs??????  :he

I'm going to start here in indirectly , I just wanted to make sure they were good enough. I'm totally surprised by the color of the eggs. I thought I would have to wait along time to get these colors. One 2 of the girls are 1st generation. Eggs are great. I have some Marans eggs and OE in the incubator. I'm interested in seeing what they will lay. My old man was the same way. I just got it down to d' Uccles and OE. OE's are the easiest, I just but them in they layer coop. I only have 2 roosters in their and they are the ones I want to use. Getting that color isn't that hard, you use the bluest eggs and cover with a marans roo. It's the blue that makes that color, of course you have to have the marans dark paint also.

Quote: Thanks... I think all of those are pullets and have not started to lay yet. Maybe soon... they are getting pink. My wheatens started to lay sooner than I expected so maybe these will too. I am going to order some from Paul Smith... when I get some chicken money together.
wink.png

Thanks. I definitely see the difference now. You have lovely Ameraucanas.

Back
Top Bottom