The EE braggers thread!!!

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by what do I do with him?
For now, he's just my eye candy. I might try to hatch out some laced EE's or even breed him to my ameraucanas and start a project color. I have always loved blue laced reds, and I just got lucky that he hatched from some eggs I got on ebay. Of course the seller claimed they were pure ameraucanas - I knew they were just EE's, that was fine with me.
If my girls would ever start laying, I would hatch some chicks out, but they aren't cooperating :(

I'm not a color expert so I'm not sure about your guy. It doesn't exactly look like lacing, but maybe??

This is a closeup of Axl's chest

I have 2 Welsummers and 3 EEs that are 31 weeks old and aren't laying yet.
It's terrible....the waiting! I am only waiting on my Silkie now. She is 7 and 1/2 months old. I don't figure on her having any eggs til she is a few months older. My last EE started laying when she was 31 weeks old. Are your girls squatting yet? Hopefully they will lay before too long!

fuzzybutt love; You look like you breed for blue too, is this pattern called blue buff?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]these 2 EE's... are "red laced blue"[/FONT]

None of my remaining 5 are squatting or doing 'hen-like' behaviors. The 2 Wellies' combs are still just about halfway to the size of the laying Wellies so I don't expect new speckled egg layers til probably next spring
sad.png
. I have 2 others that do lay. As far as the 3 EE girls, one looks like she could start any day, another looks like maybe she will start next month sometime if given enough lighting, and the third is a complete mystery. Her face is red, but her comb is virtually nonexistent. She also has saddle feathers. I know she's not a boy, but I kid you not, she has pointy saddle feathers! She may never lay, who knows.

I might try to hatch out some laced EE's or even breed him to my ameraucanas and start a project color.
yes, this is what i was trying to ask about. I wondered if being a splash laced type would work better to promote the lacing. I looooove the blue laced reds! I don't understand a lot about breeding yet but i'm trying hard to figure out how to make them!
these 2 EE's... are "red laced blue"
thanks!

Back
Top Bottom