The EE braggers thread!!!

She lays a very light blue egg, very popular with my neighbours grandson! Not many people seem to have EEs in my area so bit of a novelty.

Re Oliver being 12 years old- I did not realise this was such a big deal until I joined this forum as I had an old hen reach 13 last year. Both are mixed breed which probably explains a lot. I really wanted Olivers line to go one which is why I bought the cochin x banties and bred as soon as I could. Thinking Oliver was surely on his way out, I ended up with 6 of his sons!!! I have rehomed 2 & the other 4 are really gentle and do not challenge him (yet). They are 6.5 months, so all ok at the moment.
Oliver still "services" his hens and has spent at least half of everyday freeranging, although all are snake proofed at night, survived numerous losses of his wives to pythons over the years. He has outlived wives, children and grandchildren. He is my favourite so rock on 13!
Wow.. Oliver is AWESOME. Very happy he's still with you! what a beautiful boy :love

As SFF said, Salmon Favorelles have huge muff and beards. (Look up the Derperella thread here for a fun example).
D.gif

In EEs, usually the blue/green egg layers have a Pea comb, because the genes for these traits lie very close together on the chromosome and are usually (but not always) inherited together. Check if your friend's brown laying EE look-alikes have straight combs. That usually shows they did not inherit the blue egg gene.

Salmon Faverolles have muffs and a beard but lay creamy whitish eggs. They also have 5 toes so if your neighbor's girls have 5 toes that would be a big hint. It's also possible for some EEs to lay non-colored eggs. If their lineage gets too far away from the Ameraucana they can lay white, brown, tinted, or pretty much any other color.

thanks i shall have a search of them, i cant remember what comb they had, and shes not my close neighbor over in Aussie we call the person a Kilometer away our neighbor
lau.gif
, shes a tad strange but shes very nice but i dont think ill go over any time soon, so ill just have to have a search on the internet and try to remember what they looked like, thanks again very helpful.

Last edited:
She lays a very light blue egg, very popular with my neighbours grandson! Not many people seem to have EEs in my area so bit of a novelty.

Re Oliver being 12 years old- I did not realise this was such a big deal until I joined this forum as I had an old hen reach 13 last year. Both are mixed breed which probably explains a lot. I really wanted Olivers line to go one which is why I bought the cochin x banties and bred as soon as I could. Thinking Oliver was surely on his way out, I ended up with 6 of his sons!!! I have rehomed 2 & the other 4 are really gentle and do not challenge him (yet). They are 6.5 months, so all ok at the moment.
Oliver still "services" his hens and has spent at least half of everyday freeranging, although all are snake proofed at night, survived numerous losses of his wives to pythons over the years. He has outlived wives, children and grandchildren. He is my favourite so rock on 13!
This just brightened my day a little. A 12 year old chicken! He must be loved
thumbsup.gif

I love reading this thread, everyone's birds are beautiful! I am going to be hatching some EE chicks this spring from our EE roo Mojito (out of a blue Am. roo). I cant wait.
wee.gif

Here is a picture of "Mojito" he is 8mo old

Here is his little half brother (brown shoulders) and sister 7weeks old

Another half brother out of a Leghorn hen and same blue Am. roo

I love reading this thread, everyone's birds are beautiful! I am going to be hatching some EE chicks this spring from our EE roo Mojito (out of a blue Am. roo). I cant wait.
wee.gif

Here is a picture of "Mojito" he is 8mo old

Here is his little half brother (brown shoulders) and sister 7weeks old

Another half brother out of a Leghorn hen and same blue Am. roo
nice looking boys and girls

Back
Top Bottom