The EE braggers thread!!!

MY BABIES are growing UP.... I mean her babies. :oops:

I have had sever pullet heavy hatches lately too.... odd really.  How many blues did you get?  I see three black for sure, but the others I can't tell for sure.  NICE BARRING TOO :clap I can't wait to start breeding my 3rd gen of these.  Looking better all the time. 
DM - do you use ACV in water or ferment feed? I have heard something changes the PH and allows for more girls to be born than boys. According to Beekissed :)

Quote:
No. I did try ACV when I first started to keep the slime in the water down. I have now switched to nipples and oxine for waterers. I almost think it is a seasonal thing. I had some pullet heavy hatches in the spring too. No fermenting either. Interesting thought....

No.  I did try ACV when I first started to keep the slime in the water down.  I have now switched to nipples and oxine for waterers.  I almost think it is a seasonal thing.  I had some pullet heavy hatches in the spring too.  No fermenting either.  Interesting thought....
Well I've started fermenting. I am going to test that theory! :D

According to some, certain mothers produce more girls than boys. If you keep proper track, you can keep the ones doing such, and cull the ones that aren't. I believe this was mentioned by Stonykill.. I'd like to know more about that as well.

MS-

How old are these babies right now?? I have 3 BR (Black) that came from DMRippy (I got them thru Overoberyl) and I am trying to see who is male/female, Just wondering how long it will be before I can tell by the comb. Mine are 2.5 weeks old.

Thanks!
Just thought I would share the progress with my little white EE and her Blue Barred Rock babies, from dmrippy.
LL

Yeah I know she really shouldn't still have them. But I guess she just loves them. I had to lock her out of the brooder house hoping she would get the hint, but this what I found tonight, when locking her up. See the little roosters

Please ignore the water damage in back it has rain for like a week and we sprung a leak.

Here are my new ee babies...dad is the Ameraucana in my avatar & mom is a Cuckoo Maran, A Dark Cornish, or a Buff Orpington. Any thoughts on what colors they'll be when they grow up? These pix are at 2 days old..I will take more [better ones] this weekend @ 2 weeks.

Here are my new ee babies...dad is the Ameraucana in my avatar & mom is a Cuckoo Maran, A Dark Cornish, or a Buff Orpington.  Any thoughts on what colors they'll be when they grow up?  These pix are at 2 days old..I will take more [better ones] this weekend @ 2 weeks.

2 black ones look like black sex linked girls. One with the dot is a barred boy. The other I'm not sure. All 3 of the dark coloured ones are most likely mothered by the cuckoo marans. :)

Just thought I would share the progress with my little white EE and her Blue Barred Rock babies, from dmrippy.
LL

Yeah I know she really shouldn't still have them. But I guess she just loves them. I had to lock her out of the brooder house hoping she would get the hint, but this what I found tonight, when locking her up. See the little roosters

Please ignore the water damage in back it has rain for like a week and we sprung a leak.

AWWWWW!!!!! Such a lovely picture. Like the natural wood roosting poles

MS-

How old are these babies right now?? I have 3 BR (Black) that came from DMRippy (I got them thru Overoberyl) and I am trying to see who is male/female, Just wondering how long it will be before I can tell by the comb. Mine are 2.5 weeks old.

Thanks!
Quote: they are about 5 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom