The EE braggers thread!!!

Last time I did this I got into a HUGE FUSS on this thread and the AMs thread, but here I go :oops:   Easter Eggers can be Solid color, any color.  I have white, blue, black EE.  They came from my EE pen and will stay in my EE pen.  I don't like to have solid color EE since I have Solid color AMs... just TOO confusing.  I think people prefer the patterns anyway. 

The Barring in EE crosses.  The sexing of Barred chicks only works if BOTH parents are BARRED.  The key to sexing is the little roos have 2 copies of the barring genes.  Cross DON'T get 2 copies so you have to wait and see.  UNLESS the barring comes from the mother ONLY then you have sex linked roos ;)

BTW I just hatched my first batch of Barred EE this year.  They are from my SBEL pullet and my Good Shepard Barred Roo.  I want the to make Sexlinked EE in the spring.  It is just going to be better to KNOW at hatch what is a pullet.  2 Whites (barred under there) and 3 Blacks.... now to keep the pullets with pea combs.... I will keep hatching.  I need 4 or 5 pullets.

okay, got it. thanks for the mini color genetics lesson :lol: sexlinked ee? :drool

ESPECIALLY on the Ameraucana thread when EE are mentioned
th.gif
yuckyuck.gif

My last pullet laid her egg today at 23 weeks and it's olive! I wasn't anticipating that at all. She's a hatchery bird and her sibling lays the most gorgeous aqua egg. Does anyone else have a EE hen that lays dark green eggs? I wanted to breed her but I'm a little concerned now that she isn't EExEE cross and could have some brown egg laying babies.

The one in the corner is hers! It's actually a bit darker, the sun washed out the colors.

The white ones are Barred too ;) you will not be able to see it right off but they are barred.
Well for the most part. I have one girl that is completely pure white. No smutt at all, and two of the others have ghost barring.
_MG_5707.jpg
Male
_MG_5896.jpg
_MG_5891.jpg
Pure white female. Not a single mark on her pristine white feathers. She is twice this age now (16 weeks old)
_MG_6457.jpg
This is the oldest girl.
_MG_5535_zps699a7057.jpg
This one shows her ghost barring better. I call her feathers "Dust bath white" lol. She always looks dirty!

Does any of you know this one?
Potential mothers are thus far gold barred, potential roo is thus far blue laced red.............what kind of pattern would the offspring have? I'm still trying to wrap my head around the color genes, let alone the patterns!

Thanks, amie :)

Does any of you know this one?
Potential mothers are thus far gold barred, potential roo is thus far blue laced red.............what kind of pattern would the offspring have? I'm still trying to wrap my head around the color genes, let alone the patterns!

Thanks, amie :)

The roos would be barred and the pullets MIGHT look like Blue Laced Red since both carry gold/red but the red might be more gold than red.

Back
Top Bottom