The eggs are in the hatcher. I repeat — the eggs are in the hatcher.

GeoKan

Cackleberry Curator
8 Years
Mar 9, 2011
Troy, Kansas
Code for — "OMG – this is my first time hatching eggs in a homemade incubator and I hope I know what the heck I'm doing."

82123_eggsin050711.jpg

I think I have hatch fever.

Symptoms:

• Checking the temperature every 15 to 30 minutes.
• Calling your wife at home asking her what the temperature is every 15 to 30 minutes while you're at work.
• Checking the humidity level every 15 to 30 minutes knowing full well you're dry incubating.
• Checking the egg turner to see if it's working every 15 to 30 minutes and knowing it takes at least 4 hours for a complete rotation.
• Gazing in the window looking for oddities when you're not checking the above every 15 to 30 minutes.

Some one tell me this is normal and I should just go to bed.
barnie.gif

Last edited:
STEP AWAY FROM THE INCUBATOR.....I REPEAT, STEP AWAY FROM THE INCUBATOR!

Enjoy your hatch....it is so hard not to stand on top of the thing the entire time!!

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Yes those are definately symptoms of "Hatch Fever" LOL!!!

I would like to add a few more symptoms....

Logging on to backyardchickens.com several times daily just for confirmation that you aren't the only crazy chicken obsessed person out there.
Planning your next hatch way before your current one is finished.
Constantly on the lookout for things that could be converted into a chicken tractor... i.e. old swingsets, rabbit hutches, etc.
Standing over your incubator in the middle of the night butt naked checking for any action. LOL!

Oh & there are so many more.....

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Yes those are definately symptoms of "Hatch Fever" LOL!!!

I would like to add a few more symptoms....

Logging on to backyardchickens.com several times daily just for confirmation that you aren't the only crazy chicken obsessed person out there.
Planning your next hatch way before your current one is finished.
Constantly on the lookout for things that could be converted into a chicken tractor... i.e. old swingsets, rabbit hutches, etc.
Standing over your incubator in the middle of the night butt naked checking for any action. LOL!

Oh & there are so many more.....

lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom