The emotions of splitting a small flock?

LisaMarie81

Songster
May 8, 2018
"The Jog", Massachusetts
I have a tiny flock. 10 birds. 4 in one coop/run and 6 in the other.
The coop with 6 has a silkie and due to a move i had to reduce the size of the run and they are now picking on her. Also I am recently widowed and my children have purchased their own homes so I just cannot eat all the eggs.
I decided to split the coop that has 6.... 3 stay with me and 3 going to a friend. So I'm not isolating a single bird, they are still 3 together in both homes, but still. They are very upset about the split right now. Assuming they will be OK...eventually? I'm feeling bad. My cochin has been screaming. 😔😔

I hope she does. She's still yelling her damn head off this morning. Thankfully I only have one neighbor where I live and she's opposite side of my home where the coop is and windows are still closed here.
This bird is making a racket. I feel bad for her. 😔😔

They'll be OK...so will you, condolences :hugs
So birds have been separated(for how long?) but are all still there with you?

They are not with me. I had 4 in one coop and 6 in another coop from day 1. I just removed 3 from the coop that had 6 birds and sent those 3 to a friends house.
We only did this yesterday so its still a new change.
Shes still out there yelling. She's the only one so must be very disturbed by the change. Poor thing.

Give it time.
Was she goofy before the change?
She has always been the most voicetrous of all of them so kinda in her character but not non stop like today. Its been very excessive. She usually is only noisy when she sees someone outside.
Shes still screaming now and nobody has been outside all day.

Back
Top Bottom