The ends of my ducks wing is bleeding.

Just some advice, but I would really advise switching them over to a proper duck pellet diet with added niacin.

Chick starter is not nearly enough protein and not enough vitamins for ducks, which is likely what's causing all of your issues. The grains and popcorn can also cause problems as they are 'empty calories' and the ducks will be more inclined to eat that then their actual food.

I hope this helps! Don't get discouraged. Ducks can be a bit more complicated then chickens. Please keep us all updated! ❤️
Chick starter generally has 20% or more protein and is about the same nutritionally an all flock feed. However, the op is actually feeding gamebird starter. If you look at the nutritional analysis she posted, it shows 28% protein. They are supplementing with niacin, just working on getting the dosage right.
They also have chickens. I know in my case, it's easier to feed one feed (I feed an all flock) vs trying to juggle 2 with a mixed flock.

Also, they free range all day. Those structures posted are brooders and the op said they don't use the tractor.

We've been watching Amy closely, (bleeding wing tips). She's a month old and is really behaving like a bloody Mama with it's babies, they aren't hers lol. She sits at the end of the bed talking into the tank.
Everybody has had thei bath therapy except Amy and she was happy being near the little one's.
All drying now. Ollie the ducks guard cat in the background lol.

Attachments

• 20211112_152022.jpg
    20211112_152022.jpg
    585.5 KB · Views: 3
Chick starter generally has 20% or more protein and is about the same nutritionally an all flock feed. However, the op is actually feeding gamebird starter. If you look at the nutritional analysis she posted, it shows 28% protein. They are supplementing with niacin, just working on getting the dosage right.
They also have chickens. I know in my case, it's easier to feed one feed (I feed an all flock) vs trying to juggle 2 with a mixed flock.

Also, they free range all day. Those structures posted are brooders and the op said they don't use the tractor.
I apologize I missed the last 2 pictures of the feed bag.

Hope every works out. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom