The 'Ever Changing' Craigslist story

tadpole98

Songster
7 Years
Mar 20, 2012
Missouri
There was an ad on Craigslist a week ago so I emailed the lady for her '19 Chiggens' (yes, chiggens..
hmm.png
). In the ad there was supposedly 18 laying hens and 1 rooster. After a few days she replied 'yeah im in (city) and if u r availble i ken bring them to ur place. where r u?' I said im in (city) and can meet halfway. about another two days later she replied 'i was a bit confused, three are roosters' and then about an hour later she sent another 'oh and only 10 are laying age'
okay well i was still okay with that. then she said 'oh actually 5 are roosters and one is laying age the others r a little under age.'
Me: How much underage?
her: they are two months.
barnie.gif

me: (No reply)
her: whoops I have only 17 chickens
me: did some die or get sold?
her: No i just miscounted
ater this i dont reply but she still keeps sending me these one sentence emails about them
she says NONE are laying age after this (yet supposedly on the ad she was getting eggs..)
and 7 are roosters
he.gif

Thank goodness she didn't come to your house and drop off an unknown number of unknown chiggins. Caveat Emptor. Hopefully you can block her emails in the future---she definitely sounds like a person NOT to buy from.

Have you tried the buy-sell part of byc to get the flock members you are looking for.

...chiggens?

lau.gif

Yep!
gig.gif

Thank goodness she didn't come to your house and drop off an unknown number of unknown chiggins. Caveat Emptor. Hopefully you can block her emails in the future---she definitely sounds like a person NOT to buy from.

Have you tried the buy-sell part of byc to get the flock members you are looking for.
i didnt even know we had a buy- sell part of BYC
hide.gif

Yep!
gig.gif

i didnt even know we had a buy- sell part of BYC
hide.gif
Click on the 'forum' tab at the top of the page...and then scroll to the bottom.... It is the very last section. You used to be able to sort the selling by location, but I don't think you can do that anylonger sadly...so it's more difficult to use. That way you would be dealing with BYC members.

I got my first chickens from a craigslist seller..... and I got my best ones there just by the oddest set of coincidences...so you definitely can get really good ones from cl (as well as some that have problems) - But if you go through this site you would have byc people selling the chickens. :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom