The 'Ever Changing' Craigslist story

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tadpole98, Nov 11, 2012.

1. tadpole98

tadpole98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Missouri
    There was an ad on Craigslist a week ago so I emailed the lady for her '19 Chiggens' (yes, chiggens.. [​IMG]). In the ad there was supposedly 18 laying hens and 1 rooster. After a few days she replied 'yeah im in (city) and if u r availble i ken bring them to ur place. where r u?' I said im in (city) and can meet halfway. about another two days later she replied 'i was a bit confused, three are roosters' and then about an hour later she sent another 'oh and only 10 are laying age'
    okay well i was still okay with that. then she said 'oh actually 5 are roosters and one is laying age the others r a little under age.'
    Me: How much underage?
    her: they are two months. [​IMG]
    me: (No reply)
    her: whoops I have only 17 chickens
    me: did some die or get sold?
    her: No i just miscounted
    ater this i dont reply but she still keeps sending me these one sentence emails about them
    she says NONE are laying age after this (yet supposedly on the ad she was getting eggs..)
    and 7 are roosters
    [​IMG]

2. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Thank goodness she didn't come to your house and drop off an unknown number of unknown chiggins. Caveat Emptor. Hopefully you can block her emails in the future---she definitely sounds like a person NOT to buy from.

Have you tried the buy-sell part of byc to get the flock members you are looking for.

3. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Creepy.

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Whoa! [​IMG]

5. RunningRabbit

RunningRabbit Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2012
    ...chiggens?

[​IMG]

6. tadpole98

tadpole98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Missouri
    Yep! [​IMG]
    i didnt even know we had a buy- sell part of BYC [​IMG]

7. Moodyblues7718

Moodyblues7718 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2012
    Corbett, Oregon
    Wow the weird persistent people out there[​IMG]

8. bgelber

bgelber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2009
    Athens, al
    sounds like a scam where they are trying to get your address so they can come rob you. Take care and be careful.

9. ChicKat

Click on the 'forum' tab at the top of the page...and then scroll to the bottom.... It is the very last section. You used to be able to sort the selling by location, but I don't think you can do that anylonger sadly...so it's more difficult to use. That way you would be dealing with BYC members.

I got my first chickens from a craigslist seller..... and I got my best ones there just by the oddest set of coincidences...so you definitely can get really good ones from cl (as well as some that have problems) - But if you go through this site you would have byc people selling the chickens. :eek:)

10. ChicKat

That idea is very scary--- and you hear about the scams and murders from Craigslist. ugh.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by