The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

We don't know. It's been constant for months and months on and off for literally years, I guess, to hear him tell it. The last doc said post nasal drip, gave him Claritin and Flonase, did nothing. I was tired of nothing working and he was just plain tired.
I have had a cough for a long time, My dentist thinks it is asymptomatic GERD. HE SAYS I Have signs of acid damage in my mouth. I thought it was allergies post nasal drip

Congrats on the one little one, Michelle! I haven't seen anything about hypothyroidism and elderberry, will research that.

Thanks! She's pretty amazing. She really completes our little family. I'm glad to see the big guy Atlas is still doing well. Chickens have taken a back seat here, and all I have are 4, 5, and 6 year olds. My younger son has taken interest in them. He is always willing to help with chores and likes to sit and watch them. I've decided that he will take the lead on our next order of chicks, maybe next year. We're just focusing on growing a tiny human and two calves this summer.

The article might have been more directed towards hasimoto's in terms of the thyroid, but definitely worth checking out just in case.

I noticed my tarps pulled from the coop, on one end, the past couple days. It's been windy, but I had this hunch.....So today I had Dh move the security camera, to that area outside the coop. He fussed. Let me know there were no tracks, nothing to indicate a predator of any type. It was the wind that was blowing it loose. A couple hours ago, a huge possum, to us southerners, opossum to you northerners, trying to pull off the tarp. I hopped on the tractor, and scared it off. A couple minutes ago, it came back, but scurried on off. I will go scare it off, on the tractor for the next couple days. If it doesn't take the hint, well, I'll go out armed, and it will be fertilizer.

I will tell you that I had some intestinal distress overnight and I believe it was the black elderberry syrup, so watch out for that if you take it. I have not been eating much lately, so could also be that was part of it, adding a new item into my routine on top of limited food. Just haven't wanted to eat much. I had nothing different except for that syrup yesterday. It is one of the possible side effects. It doesn't seem to affect Tom and he's the main reason we got it. I will take a day or two off, let my system get back to normal and then maybe try one teaspoon rather than two. I also found some black elderberry capsules that seem to have a decent dosage so may also try those. With all the garbage floating around, we need good immune strength so seemed a great time to try this route.

Back
Top Bottom