The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

WOW! Beautiful! I LOVE your pictures, and I have never in my life seen Barred Rocks as pretty as yours! Just Gorgeous!
Thank you! I think this is your first time on our little thread, then? Welcome! Stick around. We get in a little of everything. Some days, off-topic is our specialty, LOL.

Yay for Lizzie being better! How’s Neela doing?

We’ve been dealing with what I’m pretty sure is the flu at my house this weekend. So far all of us except 2 kids have been sick. My baby, who’s not a good sleeper when healthy, has hardly let me sleep in 2 nights and tonight seems to be heading the same direction.

Yay for Lizzie being better! How’s Neela doing?

We’ve been dealing with what I’m pretty sure is the flu at my house this weekend. So far all of us except 2 kids have been sick. My baby, who’s not a good sleeper when healthy, has hardly let me sleep in 2 nights and tonight seems to be heading the same direction.
Oh, Kara, I hope they get through it fairly quickly. Neela is holding her own. Her eye is still puffy, but she seems no worse. We are heading back to single digit nights so I may put her back in the hospital cage so the reptile bulb is directly over her. And since she is more restful when her sister is by her side, I may put Alice up there, too. Those two are peas in a pod. I'm sure Alice will grieve if Neela passes first, and I would expect she would, considering that I see nothing at all wrong with Alice except that she is the same age, turning 8 years old next month.

Kara, I hope everyone gets better fast, and you are able to get some rest. It's rough when one has a household of sick kids.

Cynthia, that's a great idea, putting both Neela, and Alice together with the reptile bulb.

For 1 night only, Dh was my superhero. Thursday night, I needed to eat late, since I had a bunch of tests the next morning. We decided we wanted chicken n dumplings from Cracker Barrel. Dh went to pick up our order. When he got back, he came running in the house, set the food down, and was hollering there was a coyote. I headed towards the rifle, but he grabbed it, and ran outside towards the coop. The coyote was gone. When he came in hollering about the coyote, I thought he was telling me to go deal with it, since he's normally very squeamish about killing an animal. Nope, he was prepared to shoot it, to protect my chickens. My hero.

He explained that when he turned into the drive, he was met by the coyote headed in the opposite direction, but it turned back into our drive when he pulled in, so he followed it all the way down our driveway. When he got here, the coyote headed towards the back, where the coop is. I wasn't really worried about it being able to get in the coop, since my coop is built like Fort Knox, but I am glad he was totally prepared to protect my chickens.

In the meantime, we've been having this ongoing fight about putting the fence back up across the front of our property. All other sides are fenced, but the front fencing was old, and got destroyed by hurricane Irma, so he took it down. The gate had been taken down previously, since it had rusted out. He likes the "clean" look. I want my fence, gate, and auto gate opener. This has been ongoing. He insisted on us getting a video surveillance system. I told him he could have his toys, but if he was going to get the surveillance system, I could get my fence, gate, and auto opener. He agreed, but got all his toys first, so no more mention of getting my stuff. The coyote solved the argument. He sees the need for my fence, gate, and opener.

I want my fence, gate, and auto gate opener. This has been ongoing. He insisted on us getting a video surveillance system. I told him he could have his toys, but if he was going to get the surveillance system, I could get my fence, gate, and auto opener. He agreed, but got all his toys first, so no more mention of getting my stuff. The coyote solved the argument. He sees the need for my fence, gate, and opener.

Yippee! And yeah for gun-toting hubbies! I'm glad he sees the need. A partially fenced property is really not fenced at all. I want an automatic opener, too.

Thought you would like this Cyn

IMG_20180115_135430.jpg

Back
Top Bottom