The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

The latest video. You may get a little dizzy. I have no tripod for my videos. Guess if I really wanted to make a business of this channel, I would buy one, but it was mainly for BYC in the first place, to post videos.

(with a hat-tip to our Mary, LOL)

Last edited:
Leah's Mom, I am allergic to anything in the codeine family. I can tolerate the lowest dosage, as a one-time thing, but the codeine family is what doctors tend to rely on most. There are several other narcotics, that are not codeine, and work very well with me.

oldhens, There are a couple of newer non-narcotic pain relievers on the market now, that I'm told work very well with neuropathy. You might want to talk to your doctor about them. I too suffered horrible neuropathy while going thru the type of chemo I was on. I found the best overall thing to take for it is Ibuprophen, and the occasional pain killer when absolutely necessary. Typically, weather changes, being on my feet too long, and wearing shoes that aren't well cushioned would cause serious flare ups.

As I had told speckledhen previously, a couple cups of hot ginger tea daily, made with actual ginger I got from the store, or from my garden, helped a lot with my neuropathy. The ginger tea doesn't work instantly, but over time. The ginger tea bags didn't work as well for me. I grated a bit of actual ginger daily, boiled it in water with a little cinnamon, and nutmeg, strained it, then added a bit of real (not store bought) honey to sweeten to taste.
I do take ibuprofen on a daily basis, have for years now.

Thankfully my neuropathy has reached a state where I can tolerate it without the pills. When I was on them it messed up my blood sugars too much.

My fingers and toes are numb at the tips, just try finding something inside your purse without looking when you can't feel, and the lightning shocks only happen if I use my fingers too much, or in the evening. I still hope for total healing but I am resigned to the damage.

Good thing is I can't tell when I burn my fingers, I am considering that a plus.

The latest video. You may get a little dizzy. I have no tripod for my videos. Guess if I really wanted to make a business of this channel, I would buy one, but it was mainly for BYC in the first place, to post videos.

(with a hat-tip to our Mary, LOL)
You can really see how vibrant the colors are on the quilts.

You can really see how vibrant the colors are on the quilts.

Actually, the brighter gold is nowhere near that bright. The lighting in the craft room was just making it glow like it was on fire, which I did not expect. If it had been that far off, it would never have been that much of a problem to see that the other blocks were not going to work. I was surprised at how that gold came out in the video. If you can see, the colors go in and out and on occasion, you can tell the actual shade, not the toxic nuclear gold, LOL.

Wet snow falling, not much accumulation, but very slick roads. Tom went to town this morning to get more layer feed and some chick starter for Maretta's chicks, plus a few other things, before the wet stuff started so we're set to "snug-in", though I think he's going to give in and take something strong and go to bed. He's really in pain. I offered to go to town and do the errands myself, but he insisted he'd go.
It's been so unusually cold that we've almost decimated our wood supply already. Can't locate the couple who brought all that so will contact the nice young man who brought it to us last season. Bet he's been busy! No way we can cut wood with Tom's back out this way.

You guys sure are getting a lot of cold this year. We are probably a bit more mild, with less snow. Sorry about that. I believe it's Canada's fault.

The quilts are gorgeous in any light.

Thanks, Lisa. I have to quilt, whether it's as successful as I want or not, LOL.

Yes, we are having a lot more cold than usual. We may get one single digit night in an entire winter. The night Isaac got frostbite was one of those, down to 2*. We've had several already, with quite a few in the low teens, also not all that normal. Looks like next week, we're having 50's for highs, which will be wonderful and back to normal for this time of year.

It's in the 20's and on the way down right now, but about 39* in the barn still. Neela and Alice are together in the hospital cage so Neela doesn't get run away from her heat spot. And I hear Spike crowing his squeaky little heart out in the barn for some reason. He did it last night, too, about 9:30 p.m.

Back
Top Bottom