The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Okay, now, I'm not making fun of this lady's misspelling, but I did get a giggle out of the word she used here for obvious reasons. You mean, they're selling those? Do they exist? WOW. LOL! You know what she meant, right? This was on a chicken swap group on FB.

I have 3 male genius to rehome 20.00 fee

I am starting a FB page of my own called "Blue Roo Quilts". It will showcase my quilts and chickens and my homestead channel, etc, but it's going to take awhile to put stuff on the page. Blue Roo Creations is pretty much defunct, can't keep doing CPR on it so I'm going it alone on a page that is only mine. If it gets to be too much, I'll just remove it, but I'm going to try, anyway. I didn't want the same exact name, which was not all mine anyway.

I don't see any dwarfs still and the BR chicks are 3 weeks old now. Surely some are carriers, though, but no way to know which those are, of course.

Hector made DH mad yesterday. I got to the barn and he came out and said, "I'm going to knock him in the head!". Apparently, he let Hector out first, all full of his usually boundless energy and he ran up to him, all-threatening-like. Me, I just tell him to cut it out. He's never made contact or flogged anyone, but he sure has the look at times. Anyone who hadn't dealt with that goober would think they were in danger, for sure. If he does lose his head and hit someone's legs, it won't be good for Hector. Tom won't stand for it. I pretty much ignore him or tell him to just quit acting like a moron (Hector, not Tom). But, I'll have to back up hubby if Hector makes that mistake. Sad, because I am really beginning to become attached to that goober.

And I'm going to bed here very early. I'm so tired right now. Old Ben Franklin has that "early to bed, early to rise...." saying and lately, I've been all about that, keeping farmer's hours, or at least the early-to-bed part. I get up early, but not that early.

Had a disaster today. I picked up my perfectly healthy 3 1/2 year old Bielefelder hen to look at her foot and pick off her butt and she stiffened, squawked and died in my arms! Just a minute before she was eating treats and acting fine. I was so astounded, I tried to get her to "snap out of it" by trying to revive her. But there is no reviving actual death. I'm devastated! She was my favorite big girl that I hatched myself and I picked her up all the time so I just don't understand what happened. This is the third time I have picked up a hen and they have promptly died. The other 2 were very old but healthy and in good condition, just like Biele, but she was still quite young. I feel like the angel of death! Has anybody else had this happen to them?

@kitkat5505 this is what I've decided to do to make this spring quilt into a twin:
I'm putting 2" border top and bottom only, adding strips of blocks top and bottom of 9" star blocks, same star block as in the center, just smaller, and then, I'll border around the entire thing with the same deep purple as the dividing border between the main quilt and the two strips of smaller stars. I need sixteen 9" star blocks and I've made two and have to quit for the day on this project. Ran out of steam.

**if you see trash on my carpet, it's shavings off my socks, LOL. I wear my chicken shoes and leave them outside the kitchen door, but my socks have shavings on them that I can't always knock off before I come inside. Too cold not to wear socks! I swear I vacuum this craft room rug multiple times a week just because of the shavings issue. :rolleyes:

View attachment 1267920 View attachment 1267921 View attachment 1267922

And, since this is a chicken thread, EGGS!

View attachment 1267923

That’s going to look so great!

Had a disaster today. I picked up my perfectly healthy 3 1/2 year old Bielefelder hen to look at her foot and pick off her butt and she stiffened, squawked and died in my arms! Just a minute before she was eating treats and acting fine. I was so astounded, I tried to get her to "snap out of it" by trying to revive her. But there is no reviving actual death. I'm devastated! She was my favorite big girl that I hatched myself and I picked her up all the time so I just don't understand what happened. This is the third time I have picked up a hen and they have promptly died. The other 2 were very old but healthy and in good condition, just like Biele, but she was still quite young. I feel like the angel of death! Has anybody else had this happen to them?

So sorry :(

No, not exactly like that, but I've heard of it. I'm so sorry, Robin.

Back
Top Bottom