The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

What I meant was, they should be shooting at targets, not animals with a BB gun. Yes, they can do some damage.
:thumbsup
Regardless of whether they were standing on private land or not it is certainly illegal to shoot so that the shots go anywhere near a house. Idiots.

Idiots, for sure. We almost were hit with a stray bullet from down the hill a couple of years back. Some moron shooting at squirrels with a .22. It pinged off a garden post 20' from where Tom and I were standing across from it. Nobody hunts on my property, not because I have anything against hunting, but because I do have something against being shot by ijits who can't tell a deer from a primate.

I'm so glad to hear that your husband is doing better and that the lady was able to find your place to pick up the chicks.

I have such a love/hate relationship with GPS. On the rare occasions when I have to drive in large cities, it can be super useful to know what lane I'm going to need to be in well before, but mine doesn't do well in a lot of rural areas.

And :mad: at people being disrespectful of your property and animals. It's not like the kind of people who are so careless in the first place are the type to help put any damage they cause to rights.

Just an illustration of how times have changed (for the worse). While in middle school, my older son won a contest put on by the local TV station. It was an anti-drug campaign. And the weather guy wanted kids to make a pointer for him that had a "no to drugs" message. Michael won. But, look at what he won with....today, it would have gotten him kicked out of school, unjustly. The ironic fact is that later, this guy, Bruce Asbury, was fired for cocaine use, LOL!

PointerContest2.jpg

Well, drat. Someone is clucking that I don't believe has ever been broody, Athena. I know this is nuts, but I'm going to ask you guys if you ever remember Athena going broody in the past? She and Zara were with Apollo when I discovered one or both carry the dwarf gene, so they're just over 2 years old. I know Lizzie raised chicks and Tessa was always going broody but I never let her do it-those two were a year older than these sisters are. Maretta's clucking seems to be dissipating some, thankfully.

Just an illustration of how times have changed (for the worse). While in middle school, my older son won a contest put on by the local TV station. It was an anti-drug campaign. And the weather guy wanted kids to make a pointer for him that had a "no to drugs" message. Michael won. But, look at what he won with....today, it would have gotten him kicked out of school, unjustly. The ironic fact is that later, this guy, Bruce Asbury, was fired for cocaine use, LOL!

View attachment 1396705
What a cute story. I bet your son was proud of winning. I am glad you kept the clipping.

Well, drat. Someone is clucking that I don't believe has ever been broody, Athena. I know this is nuts, but I'm going to ask you guys if you ever remember Athena going broody in the past? She and Zara were with Apollo when I discovered one or both carry the dwarf gene, so they're just over 2 years old. I know Lizzie raised chicks and Tessa was always going broody but I never let her do it-those two were a year older than these sisters are. Maretta's clucking seems to be dissipating some, thankfully.
Oh no, the dreaded clucking. Every other hen is broody her, chickens, ducks, Turkey's, I just keep breaking them. I cannot let them all hatch, it would be very crazy here.

Back
Top Bottom