The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

LOL!!

I am getting chicks early this year!! I am picking up 10 B/B/S standard show quality Cochin chicks and 10 show quality Bantam Salmon Faverolles at the end of January so I have plenty of birds to pick to from for showing. They are all coming from Theri Voss AKA Minniechickmama.

I like Salmon Faverolles. I've thought about trying out a couple of the hens to see if I liked having them, but the standard size. Sounds like you're going to have fun! I need to get my barn finished so I can get chicks myself. Working on the un-fun stuff now so we can get to work building pens inside. Will do the pen for Xander, my banty Cochin rooster, and his three hens first so we can get them out of the building we want to scavenge from and tear down.

Last edited:
I just read about Dottie, and Carly so it started my morning on a bright note. I'm so glad they are doing better. YAY!
woot.gif

I can't wait for the Faverolles!! I will probably keep any hens I get and sell all but one roo. I will probably keep allthe Cochins that turn out to be hens and sell the roos.

Just getting caught up with what is going on with Atlas and crew....I am so sorry to hear that you lost Lucy.
sad.png

I was really concerned when I read that Dottie was injured but I am so happy to hear she is on the mend now. She seems like such a love, you cannot lose her. Our lives really do parallel each other as we also have a fav hen, Daisy, who is recovering from a mating injury from our Blue Beast Boyd! Since he is still new to mating he gets kind of excited and he put a laceration on her side but she is better thank goodness. She has been a house chicken for the past two weeks!

Here is wishing that 2016 is much better year than 2015.
hugs.gif

I just read about Dottie, and Carly so it started my morning on a bright note. I'm so glad they are doing better. YAY!
woot.gif

I can't wait for the Faverolles!! I will probably keep any hens I get and sell all but one roo. I will probably keep allthe Cochins that turn out to be hens and sell the roos.
You should keep a male for the Cochins, too, unless you just want a hen to show. I remember the ones you had in some pictures, very nice.

BTW....HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Thanks, you, too!

Just getting caught up with what is going on with Atlas and crew....I am so sorry to hear that you lost Lucy.
sad.png

I was really concerned when I read that Dottie was injured but I am so happy to hear she is on the mend now. She seems like such a love, you cannot lose her. Our lives really do parallel each other as we also have a fav hen, Daisy, who is recovering from a mating injury from our Blue Beast Boyd! Since he is still new to mating he gets kind of excited and he put a laceration on her side but she is better thank goodness. She has been a house chicken for the past two weeks!

Here is wishing that 2016 is much better year than 2015.
hugs.gif
Oh, those big boys can injure the ladies. Suede ripped open TWO hens, on both sides. It was horrible. He wasn't aggressive, but his sheer mass and trying to balance, the toenails just tore them open. Had to clean out dirt-caked wounds and even stitch one up. Poor gals. I created saddles with flank flaps just for those big girls. Robin had me make her a couple for her humongous Orps (wekiva bird).

Some pics and an announcement.... Tessa dropped her first egg today! She's 26 weeks tomorrow.

I have a roo so I probably will keep him so I am not breeding siblings!!
Oh, right, wasn't thinking. You do have a male already.

The barring on your rocks is crazy dizzying! So beautiful! Happy New Year! Hope everyone only adds to your flocks this year!
Thanks, I love this bunch. Happy New Year to you, too.

Back
Top Bottom