The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Can't hold a good man down (Atlas)...hoping that leg starts feeling better. Oh, and the bread looks delicious!

Can't hold a good man down (Atlas)...hoping that leg starts feeling better. Oh, and the bread looks delicious!

He's a good boy, that one. Thanks on the bread. It was good enough that I was glad I sent the rest of the loaf home with Angela. Then, DH made the best shortbread cookies EVER, oh, my. I'm doomed!

Quote: Ooooh, my favorites - what a great guy!
love.gif

He's a good boy, that one. Thanks on the bread. It was good enough that I was glad I sent the rest of the loaf home with Angela. Then, DH made the best shortbread cookies EVER, oh, my. I'm doomed!

I am glad that you sent it home with me too.
wink.png
Sorry, I missed the shortbread!! LOL!!

Is Atlas doing better with the warmer drier weather? What day did y'all have sleet? I know that Tuesday night at the cabin in Cherry Log was crazy weather wise. The winds howling sounded like they do here when we have a strong tropical storm. I probably slept a grand total of 3 hrs that night waiting for a tree to fall on the cabin. When we got up Wednesday morning the fire pit chairs were strewn everywhere and there were some small trees down but thank goodness nothing fell across the road so we were able to get down off of the mountain with no problem.

I am glad that you sent it home with me too.
wink.png
Sorry, I missed the shortbread!! LOL!!

Is Atlas doing better with the warmer drier weather? What day did y'all have sleet? I know that Tuesday night at the cabin in Cherry Log was crazy weather wise. The winds howling sounded like they do here when we have a strong tropical storm. I probably slept a grand total of 3 hrs that night waiting for a tree to fall on the cabin. When we got up Wednesday morning the fire pit chairs were strewn everywhere and there were some small trees down but thank goodness nothing fell across the road so we were able to get down off of the mountain with no problem.
Same night, I guess, then another night. They all run together. It was pretty cold last night so we haven't had the really warm stuff yet, but tomorrow and Monday, we'll be in the clover. And working on the barn again. In home stretch with the actual construction. Got more lumber today, thanks to a nice local lady who let us hire her and her F150 out to get some.

Trying new, but very used and hinky camera DH got at the thrift store. Has big issues, keeps shutting down, will cut off at the drop of a hat. Had a 2 GB SD card which was worth the $4.75 he paid for the originally $300 camera, though.

Last edited:
If you can make light flaky biscuits with Mayo you are a cooking whiz. My favorite is buttermilk biscuits, I have a wonderful recipe but never make them because I would be the only one eating them. Same with pies and sweets. And when Jimmy is home, he does not have a sweet tooth so no point in baking pies then either - although he does love the biscuits

There are 2 of us at work that like to bake. We bring things in to share regularly. And when our animal hospital crew don't eat it fast enough (or we bake too big a batch) we take it over to the store break room, where it's gone within the day. Always well received, always shared, never left at home for just me (us). I don't know what the heck I'll do with it all once I do retire... I'll have to find somebody else to hand it out to!

Back
Top Bottom