The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Happy hatching!
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png

Here are some of Jill's birds - https://www.backyardchickens.com/g/a/6530937/the-plymouth-rock-breeders-thread/

I was hoping to find some of Cyn's original lines, but they are hard to get apparently nowadays. Now we all get to enjoy a hatch-a-long without doing any of the work!
smile.png

Yes, the Stukels are not all that easy to acquire. I was even considering trying to hunt down William Bennett to get more from him, but they would most likely be from the same male as my hens were. They are spectacular, certainly. The late Bob Blosl was so impressed with my original Rex, such a loss when he died (both Rex and Bob). But, Jill's birds are super impressive. And I am honored that Mary decided to help me get out of my "corner" I was backed into, as she sort of put it.

Now, I think I'll still hang onto #2 for the time being, unless someone just has to have him (yeah, right), just in case... I have Athena and she's a little goofball, DH already becoming attached to her, though I'm not sure what the heck her barring will turn out to be. She can be a layer if nothing else. The little pair with Ida, I may just sell as a pair, not keep the pullet, either, though her barring is going to be better than Athena's, now that I have these in the incubator. And I'll hope that out of these 16 eggs, I get about 8 nice birds, hopefully, with 5 or so pullets. That would be great. So, yes, you guys will come along for the ride and be bored to tears all over again!

A-hatching we will go!

I can vouch for the Cherokee purple's, they are great! They are one of the "ugly" heirlooms though, took me a bit to get used to the cracks, but they taste great and the plants in my experience are one of the easier to grow.

I can vouch for the Cherokee purple's, they are great! They are one of the "ugly" heirlooms though, took me a bit to get used to the cracks, but they taste great and the plants in my experience are one of the easier to grow.

Good to know. I know they are not "pretty" tomatoes, but they're certainly not boring!

Yes, the Stukels are not all that easy to acquire. I was even considering trying to hunt down William Bennett to get more from him, but they would most likely be from the same male as my hens were. They are spectacular, certainly. The late Bob Blosl was so impressed with my original Rex, such a loss when he died (both Rex and Bob). But, Jill's birds are super impressive. And I am honored that Mary decided to help me get out of my "corner" I was backed into, as she sort of put it. Now, I think I'll still hang onto #2 for the time being, unless someone just has to have him (yeah, right), just in case... I have Athena and she's a little goofball, DH already becoming attached to her, though I'm not sure what the heck her barring will turn out to be. She can be a layer if nothing else. The little pair with Ida, I may just sell as a pair, not keep the pullet, either, though her barring is going to be better than Athena's, now that I have these in the incubator. And I'll hope that out of these 16 eggs, I get about 8 nice birds, hopefully, with 5 or so pullets. That would be great. So, yes, you guys will come along for the ride and be bored to tears all over again! A-hatching we will go!
Very excited to see your flock grow! I'm enjoying living vicariously through you :) I live in a city and so am quite limited by the no rooster/6 bird minimum my city has. Someday I want to grow up and be just like you ;) lol Your birds are just gorgeous!

Well here is pictures of how my day went. Well part of it. Sorry for the photo bomb Cyn. Just thought u would like it. If not I can remove the post.

As u can see, Buttercup has gone slab sided!

Tail is up and there is constant pacing.

U can see the water sack poking out.

You can see a foot!

Head is poking out!

The whole head is out!

Everything but the back feet are out.

Cleaning her baby boy.

Back
Top Bottom