The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Ok, for the bathroom, where the wall meets the counter, behind the sink, and any other area that requires cleaning....go to the paint store you got the paint from, or to Home Depot, get a gallon of washable paint, in the exact same color as the paint that's on there. Paint a coat on the portions that require more cleaning. That way it all matches, and things won't stick so bad, or can easily be cleaned.

I actually loathe that paint. It was too bright, a contractor's mistake when they did the reno. I didn't make them change it because they'd already brought me several 5 gallon buckets of contractor grade flat paint, exactly the one thing I insisted that would never go on my walls and I made him get the correct paint. Sheesh. So, I picked my battles then, so much going on at the time. I meant to put a 4" piece of polyeurethaned wood up the wall there when we converted that small dresser into a vanity, but we never got around to it. So, I'll probably just put a backsplash, then repaint the bathroom, or just wait until we do the bathtub and are doing a tile surround, rustic to go with the copper sink.
Something like this one:
58e276855caf983cbf65af319ea4e135.jpg

That will work really good too. I like the rustic look to it.

I like it, too, goes with our surroundings here. As long as the tone is not too gray/cool, it should look spectacular with the copper and bronze in there. I was on the fence about the bath surround tile until DH fell in love with the copper sink.

The Sinkology company had an insert that said if we liked their FB page, put a clear photo of the installed sink on the page with #showusyoursink and the name of the product we bought, plus send them a direct message with our address, they'd send us a free copper cleaning kit with two bottles and a cleaning cloth. I did that and will let you know if they do. They have a gorgeous copper soaking tub that I'd love, but I don't think there is room to put it nor the money to buy it. It costs 10x what a regular tub would, but so pretty.
antique-copper-sinkology-flat-bottom-bathtubs-tbt-7132ha-of-44_1000.jpg

This is the one I am thinking of getting. It is wider and deeper than our narrow, old all-in-one almond tub and wall unit that has been here since the house was built 24 years ago. It's an American Standard for $249 so just acrylic and means I can do the tile, but I have no idea what's behind the actual acrylic walls now, if I have to put up new backer board or what for the tile (probably would have to).
arctic-american-standard-alcove-bathtubs-2647-212-011-64_1000.jpg

Wow, DH is on the ball today! He said his back was not all that bad after yesterday, surprisingly, so he got into installing the new kitchen faucet. Ignore the spotted window trim, a hazard from being right behind the sink, plus, it really needs some touch-up paint after five years anyway. I use a toothbrush to scrub it, but it doesn't come all the way clean.

DSC02364.JPG

Actually, they call that acrylic tub a soaking tub, too, just not as deep. Certainly, not as beautiful, but $249 compared to over $2000? Hmm, not really in the budget. And it would change how I have to do the floors and the drain as well.
Just go for it. We only live once! You can’t take the money with you.

Just go for it. We only live once! You can’t take the money with you.

I need to keep a cushion for dental issues so I have to be somewhat frugal. I don't have much $$, no IRA, no big savings acct, just a little bit kept back and saved up for minor stuff and so we are not scrambling for cash when a car breaks down or other unforeseen stuff.

I went to the garden, saw some crowder peas ready to pick, was making my way down the row and found something unexpected among the pea plants.

DSC02366.JPG

Back
Top Bottom