The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

I get infusions of Zometa, which is the super version of Reclast. After an infusion, I am sick as a dog for 3 days. Bad flu type symptoms, and feeling like I've been run over by a Mack Truck. I only get out of bed to go to the bathroom, and even that's a chore. After the 3 days, I'm fine again.

While it sounds bad, and it is, Zometa is one of the better ones, with the least side effects. Reclast is the normal dosage, and again tends to have the least side effects.

News from my son, who had his first of two vein surgeries today:
Re-inventing Bacon
Page Liked · 2 hrs ·

Ok, so first leg is done. Next one next Monday. This procedure was no joke, was NOT pleasant! Nutrition is gonna have to be in point, no lifting anything over 20 lbs or engaging my core for next 2-3 weeks. Grrr.
62532860_338633196785120_373792038857998336_n.jpg

My husband dragged himself up the stairs and collapsed on the couch after today's session. When they go, they ask him to rate his pain level. The PT said point blank that he doesn't care about his pain level, that he's there to whip him into shape. So, why do they ask? I think he should refuse to tell them since they admit they don't care. What's the point of that?
He sees the surgeon this week, which is not connected to the VA. He will do what he can do to fix his back, surgically or whatever it takes, or he will have no quality of life left. Apparently, the PT has never experienced this kind of pain. It's like no other. A "sore back" is not what is going on. "Muscle pain" is not what is going on. And no one can tell me how exercise will have any effect on missing disc material and bone rubbing against bone! This guy is like a chiropractor who thinks the sniffles can be cured by spinal manipulation. He is telling my husband not to go to a surgeon. So, he's dispensing medical advice and he's only a PT, not an MD.

This guy sounds more like a Personal Trainer for exercise, than a Physical Therapist. I think I'd be checking on his licensing, and qualifications.

My daughter said she didn't remember if it was 3 or 4 months that she had to do the PT. As soon as she got done with the required PT, she got the surgery.

speckledhen, even when dealing with private insurance, the rules are almost the same, and it's not much better at all. The surgeon may be able to help, but normally their hands are tied until the required PT is done. He may be able to detect added inflammation, etc., and help with some pain reliever. The post surgical PT is no picnic either, but usually it does get better, so that by the time it's nearly finished, there's little to no pain.

Back
Top Bottom