The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Yes, he's a developer. So keep in mind how much it is worth to you not to have neighbors there, because they are likely to be $$$ folks with city manners.

No need to convince me. I may have to build a tiny house on that pasture lot and sell the main property one day so it's worth more to me than it is to anyone else.

Chris sent me this link and said , it's me and s till CV-free.

What the heck? Well, it won't work, dang it.
Here's a screenshot from the video, anyway. It's on Instagram and I don't IG.
1582890933706.png

This morning's report from Chris:

Ugh. Virus cases approaching 3000. That darn cult in Daegu. Some of their members are in hiding, running around Korea spreading it..... and someone's tears tested positive, so it can live in saline also. Plus survive 9 days on surfaces. It just gets worse every day. Eek!

I figure if Oxine AH vaporized cures fungal infections and viruses, as we know it does, then it would be good to put some in a cool mist vaporizer and clean the air in our house a little bit. It's dry air in winter anyway and could use some moisture. But, most people affected are already immuno-compromised, elderly or other less than 100% healthy individuals. And most in Korea are heavy smokers, it seems and lungs that are gunked up have less chance of coming through it okay. We've been taking elderberry extract, echinacea, zinc and extra Vitamin C in addition to our regular Vit D3 and multivitamins. I even have colloidal silver in two forms, drops and nasal spray.
Because we also live in a very wide open area with less population and are not with humans on a daily basis, hopefully, we will miss out on the "fun". You be extra careful, Cheryl!
My son's flight is due to arrive at around 4 p.m. on Wednesday. Thursday, Tom has another MRI.

I'm so glad you mentioned Oxine. Dh just ordered another gallon now. I recently used up the last of the gallon I had. I wanted to go "supply" shopping yesterday, but couldn't get my daughter out of bed early enough, so we went today. I hit Sav-A-Lot, and got cases of various vegetables, fruits, corned beef, stew, boxes of side dishes, and tuna helper. We were checking out, when the masses began pouring in.

I headed to Wal-Mart after that. I finished getting the food I wanted for us, and the cats, paper goods, etc. They were totally out of cat litter. We have plenty of cat litter, so it's a good thing I didn't need any. There were no individual cans of cat food. They had the 20 packs left. I got a couple. There was some of the dry food I get for them, but not a lot of that left. The dog food was pretty bare too. At least people with pets are preparing for their care too. The disinfectant aisle was empty. Very little dish soap left, no Lysol, no disinfectant wipes. No spray bottles, or cans of disinfectants. It's a good thing I already have plenty, and didn't need any of that. I did get 1 gallon of bleach. I have a few more in the garage. Bleach water kills viruses too, so I expect it will work on this one. I'm not a big fan of lysol, but I do have a couple cans. I even have several canisters of the disinfectant wipes. When I clean the bathrooms, I usually use Comet Cleanser for the sinks, and showers, then a toilet bowl cleaner for the toilet. I make a bucket of bleach water, and everything else gets wiped down, or scrubbed with that.

Things on the paper aisles were going fast. I got enough paper goods to last us awhile. I already have enough plastic utensils. They were getting low on paper plates, paper towels, and very low on toilet paper. Under normal conditions, I got over a month's supply of TP, BUT my 4 year old granddaughter was having a problem. She'd pull on the TP, and it would keep rolling. She would yank again, trying to tear it, but it would roll off some more. For several days, she was going through a roll, or more a day. Finally, I told my daughter she had to teach that child how to deal with toilet paper. Heck, I couldn't afford her toilet paper habit. Now that the issue has been addressed, I should have enough to last over a month.

When I got to the pharmacy area, it was bleak. Almost all the Motrin (ibuporphen), Tylenol (acetaminophen) were gone. All the decongestants were gone. Almost all the Mucinex was gone, but I was able to get a package. There were 6 bottles of black elderberry syrup. I have 2, and got 4 more. I went to get the Mucinex, and turned around to get the other 2 last bottles of elderberry syrup, and watched a lady come grab them, before I could get to them. No Nyquil, Robitussen, nothing like that was left on the shelves.

I have a full prescription for an antibiotic on hand. Due to the chemo, I'm immunocompromised. My doctor recommended I keep a filled prescription on hand, since I can't wait over the weekend, or a couple days to get an appointment to see the doctor, to get a prescription. To the best of my knowledge, I am about as prepared for this, as anyone can be expected to be.

I do expect them to restock some of the things they were out of, and will continue doing my regular shopping as usual, so hopefully that will keep my current supplies available until needed.

Last edited:
Odd that our Walmart is pretty well still stocked. I saw no shortages. Not sure why that is and it's a small one, only one entrance. We have plenty of fish antibiotics from Thomas Labs, same exact antibiotics made to human specs, several kinds, though only of course, bacterial infections will respond to those.
I have a solution for the toilet paper issue.... squish the roll a tiny bit so that it isn't as round. It won't roll as easily/smoothly, less waste.

My daughter flattened the roll last night, before putting it back on the spindle. You are correct, and it doesn't roll as easily. That should help a lot. I've used the Thomas Labs antibiotics for the chickens once. Yes, they are made to human specs, and I would take them if I needed to.

Back
Top Bottom