The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

If you go to Winn Dixie, during the "old folks hour", they pass out gloves, masks, carts are disinfected, and they only allow so many in at a time, so everyone can keep their distance. The shelves have been stocked overnight, so there is a better selection.
I didn't know Winn DIxie was still in business. Have not seen one in 20 years. That will forever be in my memory as where my uncle worked as a butcher and also where Mark Chapman had a part time job when we were in high school ( yes, that Mark Chapman, aka Mark David Chapman).

Well, seems we have our first confirmed case of CV in this county. We're staying home, even though next Wednesday is payday and we'd normally go out for a big grocery trip. I have chicken feed for a few months, I do believe, especially if they get a lot of range time, though if Brandy goes broody and I allow her eggs to hatch because I cannot break her, I would need some chick starter.

Weird note. The downstairs toilet is acting oddly, though it was only used when Chris was here. We rarely ever use that one--it's an odd one that looks like maybe some European model, probably uses 5 gal per flush. Need to replace that thing. Not sure what the issue is after having a $3000 bill for replacing inlets and snaking out the lines from tank to the house and the other direction. I hope to God it is not in need of a new field. That would be a real bummer and another few thou spent.

We bought our current house that had 2 really burnt out -lots of water-toilets. Each new one I had bought off Amazon and delivered free. They were both under $400 each and both have a water saving flush and quick action. The flush takes about 5 seconds or less -woosh-it's gone!

My memory may be sketchy. I think my uncle may have worked for Big Apple...wasn't there a store by that name? I know that Mark worked at Winn Dixie, used to see him there when we weren't in school.

I changed my FB Blue Roo Quilts page to "Roots, Rocks & Feathers, A Homestead Blog". So, chickens, gardening, solitude, self sufficiency all fit there, even quilts.

@crazyhen, here is your namesake, Gloria Jean, at 9 years old. She is one of Atlas's two remaining hens. I caught him in mid-flex. I call the poor guy Old Step-and-Flex these days. Even Dru walks with a very stilted gait due to one stiff hock joint. We were supposed to cut his spurs off today, but never got around to it because of Tom's back. We got Hector's done and that was all.
DSC06484.JPG
DSC06482.JPG
DSC06483.JPG

I meant trim his spurs shorter, not cut them off entirely. One of them points downward and can contact the ground when he jumps. Hector has one that is the same way, though his are nowhere near as thick as Atlas's. Bash's are much more slim in diameter, but very long and need a trim as well. They clack together in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom