The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Oddly enough, though they are differently colored by a bit, they look like my first two hatchery BR hens, Lexie and Ivy. Lexie was almost cockerel colored like your lighter one. I see no noticeable saddle feathers on your lighter one like Lisa said. Could both be pullets. Some just don't really follow their breed rules, LOL. Lexie sure didn't . She fooled so many on BYC in those early days. Everyone kept saying she was a he. Here are my two from back then. Never had one as light as Lexie since that time over 14 years ago. She should not have been that light, but reminds me of yours. Even the rose comb on yours is not as pronounced as I think a cockerel's would be by that age. Both had dark leg fronts as chicks, too, so for now, I also think both are pullets. There can be late bloomers, to be sure, but....
DCP_3626.JPG

Oddly enough, though they are differently colored by a bit, they look like my first two hatchery BR hens, Lexie and Ivy. Lexie was almost cockerel colored like your lighter one. I see no noticeable saddle feathers on your lighter one like Lisa said. Could both be pullets. Some just don't really follow their breed rules, LOL. Lexie sure didn't . She fooled so many on BYC in those early days. Everyone kept saying she was a he. Here are my two from back then. Never had one as light as Lexie since that time over 14 years ago. She should not have been that light, but reminds me of yours. Even the rose comb on yours is not as pronounced as I think a cockerel's would be by that age. Both had dark leg fronts as chicks, too, so for now, I also think both are pullets. There can be late bloomers, to be sure, but....View attachment 2227504
Wow! Pepper did seem to get many male votes when I posted pics, but I always was a little suspicious because of his comb and wattles. They are bigger than Salt’s, but were quite pale. People said female for Salt, but there was this one tail feather that curved over. Now that I think about it, it probably doesn’t mean much because my SS pullet, Nutmeg, and EE pullet, June Bug, have a few curves in their tails too.

Wow! That's so great that it missed hitting anything. Is there just one dead branch?
There are several smaller dead ones on most of the trees here, but that was the largest plus closest to the house. Almost every oak has several dead branches, but none are endangering anything important.

Back
Top Bottom